MEGA stands for Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments. MEGA consists of Missouri Educator Profile (MEP), Missouri Content Assessments, Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA), and Paraprofessional testing.
Crowder College offers the MoGEA and the Paraprofessional tests Monday through Friday and once a month on Saturday in the Testing Center located in McDonald Hall, third floor, room 318, on the Neosho campus. All testing times are located on the MEGA website.
MEGA testing is not offered during the weeks of finals, one week before finals, the first week of classes, and one week before classes begin.
To schedule and pay for the exam, visit the MEGA website. For assistance during registration, call MEGA testing customer service at 800-215-0904 or 413-256-2891.
This test is an Internet-based test (IBT) of two hours, consisting of 90 multiple-choice questions. The testing fee for the Paraprofessional test is $41. Passing Score is 220. The maximum score is 300. To schedule and pay for the exam, visit the Paraprofessional website.
Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)
This assessment includes four subtests: Reading Comprehension and Interpretation, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies, and Writing. Examinees must pass all four subtests.
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has implemented a testing policy whereby:
- Candidates have one opportunity to register to take all four subtests in one test session.
- Candidates may register to take each subtest independently.
The testing fee for MoGEA is $59 for all four subtests or $25 for a single subtest.
The MoGEA is an Internet-based test (IBT) with multiple-choice questions and written assignment:
- Reading Comprehension and Interpretation: 39 multiple-choice questions, 75 minutes
- Mathematics: 40 multiple-choice questions, 75 minutes; an on-screen 4-function calculator and a formula page are provided
- Science and Social Studies: 40 multiple-choice questions, 60 minutes
- Writing: 1 written assignment, 60 minutes
- All four subtests: 4.5 hours, plus a 15-minute break between subtests 2 and 3
To schedule and pay for the exam, visit the MoGEA website.
- Examinees must bring to the testing center one current, government-issued identification printed in English, in the name in which they registered, bearing a photograph and signature.
- All cell phones and electronic items must be turned off.
- Cell phones, IDs, and locker keys are left with the test proctor.
- All other personal items are to be locked in a locker provided by the testing center.
- Backpacks, bags, purses, wallets, etc.
- Calculators, music devices, laptops, cameras, health/fitness trackers, or any electronic items
- Outerwear such as coats, sweaters, jackets, scarves, gloves, hats, etc.
- Hoodies or any clothing with a hood
- Watches, noisy jewelry, etc.
- Food or drinks must be left in the proctor’s office and are not allowed into the testing room.
- Students will not be allowed to take anything to the testing room except for the erasable booklet and markers, which will be provided by the test proctor.
- Earplugs, erasable booklet, and markers are provided and are available in the testing center.
- No talking is allowed in the testing room.
- Students will lose their testing privileges in the testing center if they are found cheating on a test, and the incident will be reported to Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA).
- All written and scratch work done during testing must be returned to the test proctor.
- MoGEA examinees do not receive their score as soon as they complete the exam. Please check the MEGA website for score report dates.