Veterans Admission

Use this checklist if your are a veteran who has not used your VA benefit to go to college and are applying for the first time.

(You will not be able to receive your benefit until all your official transcripts have been received by our Records Department)

  • Take the Compass Placement Test
  • Meet with an Admissions Advisor to:
    • Enroll in classes
    • Sign up for Start Smart
    • Get your picture taken for your Crowder ID
  • Turn in the required Paperwork to the Veteran Services Office
    • DD 214
    • Orientation Form
    • Request for VA Certification (RVAC)
    • Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
  • Purchase books & prepare for classes
    • You can purchase books at our Bookstore and charge them to your student accounts.
      • Post 9/11 Benefits — Book stipends will be sent to your bank account and it is your responsibility to pay the Cashier’s office.
      • Vocational Rehabilitation — The Cashier’s office sends an invoice to your VA/VR counselor which includes books.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.