HiSET – High School Equivalency Test
As of January 2014 Missouri’s high school equivalency test is the HiSET test, developed by Educational Testing Service (ETS). Test takers can visit ETS’s website to schedule a HiSET test.
The cost of the test is $95 which includes a $60 registration fee and $7 for each of the five test sections. The $60 registration fee allows individuals to test three times during a 12-month period. Examinees can either take the entire test at one time or in sections. Examinees who do not pass the test the first time can retake the entire test or any of the test sections two more times within the 12-month period by paying an additional $7-per-section fee. The 12 month testing window will automatically begin once you schedule your first test.
HiSET Passing Scores (Examinee will receive his/her certificate by mail if you qualify)
- Scored at least 8 out of 20 on each subtest
- Scored at least 2 out of 6 on the essay
- Examinee must acquire a total of at least 45 out of 100
We offer HiSET tests Monday through Thursday in the Testing Center located in McDonald Hall, third floor, room 318, on the Neosho campus.
HiSET testing is not offered during the weeks of finals, one week before finals, first week of classes, and one week before classes begin. To see the Crowder College calendar click here.
Scheduling a Test
- Visit the above ETS website, create an account, and pay the fees.
- Choose your testing location, time(s) and date(s) that you would like to test.
- Print a copy of your schedule testing times.
- Any problems – call customer service at 1.855.MyHiSET (1.855.694.4738)
- Examinees must present identification before testing. The name on the ID must match exactly the name on your HiSET account. ID must be an original document, valid, and show your full name. Outdated or expired identification will not be accepted. Please bring one of the following:
- U.S. passport
- U.S. military ID
- A permanent or temporary Missouri driver’s license
- A permanent or temporary Missouri non-driver’s license
- All cell phones and electronic items must be turned off.
- Cell phones, ID’s and locker keys are to be left with the test proctor.
- All other personal items are to be locked into a locker provided by the testing center.
- Backpacks, bags, purses, wallets, etc.
- Cell phones, music devices, laptops, cameras, or any type of electronic items.
- Outerwear such as coats, sweaters, jackets, scarves, gloves, hats, etc.
- Hoodies or any clothing with a hood.
- Watches, noisy jewelry, etc.
- Food or drinks must be left in the proctor’s office and are not allowed into the testing room.
- Ear plugs, pencils, and erasers are provided and these are available in the testing room.
- Scratch paper will be provided by the test proctor.
- No talking is allowed in the testing room.
- Students will lose their testing privileges in the Testing Center if they are found cheating on a test and the incident will be reported to HiSET.
- Examinees will receive their unofficial score on the computer as soon as they have completed the exam. Official scores can be viewed on the HiSET website within five business days after testing.
- Language Arts – Writing score can only be viewed on the HiSET website within ten business days after testing.
- All written and scratch work done during testing must be returned to the test proctor.
- Candidates must sign out before leaving the Testing Center for the day.