Tuition Rates

Fall 2018 Tuition

$88.00 per credit hour
$138.00 per credit hour
$187.00 per credit hour

Differential Tuition:
Students taking classes in the following programs pay a differential rate ON CLASSES ONLY IN THE SPECIFIED PROGRAM. Fees specific to these programs can be found at:

$105.00 per credit hour
$165.00 per credit hour
$224.00 per credit hour

General Charges & Fees*

Institutional Support Fee (formerly the Facility Use Fee)
$23.00 per credit hour
Covers facilities, infrastructure, technology, student support services
Safety & Security Fee
$7.00 per credit hour
Covers cyber security, training, personnel, software, technology, infrastructure, student support services
Online Course Fee
$28.00 per credit hour
Covers learning management system and related technologies
Flex Course Fee
$15.00 per credit hour
Covers learning management system and related technologies

Course Fees 2018-2019

*These fees are in addition to tuition.

By registering for classes, each student accepts responsibility for payment of all tuition and fees due to Crowder College.

Crowder Statement of Financial Responsibility

Residency Status Policy

To establish residency status: Residency status is established at the time a student matriculates or enrolls at Crowder College. To establish residency status proper verification must be provided or available upon application to verify eligibility for lower tuition rates of district and in-state students (see the residency requirements below or contact Admissions at 417-455-5550). The residence of a minor student will be the residence of the parents/legal guardian(s) unless the student has established court declared emancipation.

To maintain residency status: The student establishes residency status at the time of the application and that status remains in effect while the student is continuously enrolled at Crowder College (summer terms excluded). Students not continuously enrolled may be required to provide further verification of their current residency status upon re-enrollment.

Changing residency status: A request for a change of residency status must be submitted, in writing, to the Admissions Office with appropriate evidence or documentation of residency change. Administrative action to change the residency status of a student is at the discretion of the Vice President of Student Affairs. In accordance with the Due Process policy, students may appeal decisions by submitting a grievance to the Vice President of Student Affairs for review (see Student Handbook for further information on non-academic appeals/grievance procedures). Four categories of residency in which the student is classified for the purpose of assessing fees and tuition include the following:

In-District residents

A student whose permanent home is within the main Crowder College district (Neosho, Diamond, Seneca, East Newton and McDonald County school districts) Students (spouses, parents or guardians) owning property in the district are considered in-district residents. Full-time active duty military personnel stationed on a Missouri military base, their spouses and dependents are considered residents of the district. The residency status of recently discharged veterans will be based on legal residency at the time of induction into military service or on residency established during services.

Out-of-District Resident

A student (or parents/legal guardians, if he/she is a minor) whose permanent home is located outside of the college district’s boundaries.

International Resident

A student (or parents/legal guardians, if he/she is a minor) whose legal residence is in a foreign country at the time of registration.

This information is available in the College Catalog

Administrative Withdrawal Policy

If a student does not attend a seated course or fails to participate in an online course for 14 consecutive calendar days, they will be administratively withdrawn from the course.  A student may request re-instatement in the course by contacting the Academic Affairs Office.  A student may only receive one re-instatement per course per semester.

Students should be aware that an administrative withdrawal may reduce the amount of financial aid they receive, may reduce future aid and could necessitate repayment of aid already received.

An administrative withdrawal will not be initiated after the last day to withdraw for each course.