- ACT Residual
- Graduation Exit Exam
- High School Equivalency
- Make-up Testing
- Placement Testing
- Proctoring Services
- Testing Out
- TSA Business Exam
- Testing for Credit
CLEP is a series of examinations that allow individuals to earn college credit for what they know, regardless of where they learned it.
Crowder College CLEP exams are 90 minutes long, administered on computer and students receive their score as soon as they complete the exam. However, College Composition with Essay will be 120 minutes long and will be sent to CLEP for grading and will take three to four weeks to be scored. We proctor all CLEP examinations for other Colleges and Universities as well, except exams which require a hand-written component.
|Examination||Score Required||Credits||Course Equivalent|
|Financial Accounting||50||6 hours||ACCT 201, 202|
|Business Law, Intro. to||50||3 hours||BSAD 230|
|Management, Principles of||50||3 hours||BMGT 175|
|Marketing||50||3 hours||BMGT 200|
|Composition & Literature|
|Analyzing & Interpreting Literature||50||3 hours||ENGL 109|
|College Composition||50||3 hours||ENGL 101|
|Humanities||50||6 hours||Humanities electives|
|American Literature||50||3 hours||ENGL 230|
|English Literature||50||3 hours||ENGL 240|
|French, Level 1 & 2||50||6 hours||FREN 101, 102|
|62||12 hours||FR 101,102,201,202|
|Spanish, Level 1 & 2||50||6 hours||SPAN 101, 102|
|63||9 hours||SPAN 101, 102, 201|
|73||12 hours||SPAN 101,102, 201,202|
|History & Social Sciences|
|American Government||50||3 hours||PLSC 103|
|Educational Psych., Intro.||50||3 hours||PSYC 220|
|Macroeconomics||50||3 hours||ECON 201|
|Microeconomics||50||3 hours||ECON 202|
|Psychology, Intro.||50||3 hours||PSYC 101|
|Sociology, Intro.||50||3 hours||SOC 101|
|United States History I:|
|Early Colonization to 1877||50||3 hours||HIST 106|
|United States History II:|
|1865 to Present||50||3 hours||HIST 107|
|Western Civilization I:|
|Ancient Near East to 1648||50||3 hours||HIST 101|
|Western Civilization II:|
|1648 to Present||50||3 hours||HIST 102|
|Science & Mathematics|
|College Algebra||50||3 hours||MATH 135|
|College Mathematics||50||3 hours||MATH 125|
|Biology||50||5 hours||BIOL 101|
|Calculus||50||5 hours||MATH 150/160|
|Chemistry||50||5 hours||CHEM 111|
Crowder College students may earn up to 15 credits with CLEP exams, or other alternative learning experiences including: Experiential Credit and Self-Directed Learning. Check with your advisor for more information.
Students may not repeat an exam within 3 months of the testing date. CLEP exams repeated earlier than 3 months will be cancelled and your test fees will be forfeited.
NOTE: If you fail a class, a passing CLEP score does not replace the grade of the failed class. The “F” will remain on your transcript; however, you will receive credit for the class.
Scheduling an Exam
- Students must register online for the CLEP exam at http://clep.collegeboard.org.
- Click on “Register for a CLEP Exam.”
- Select an exam and add to cart; then view cart and checkout.
- Click “Register and Checkout.” If you have registered with CLEP before, you will sign in. If not, click on “Create Account.”
- You must select the testing center and pay a fee of $89.
- Make sure to print your test administration ticket and bring it to the testing center on the day of testing.
- After scheduling on the CLEP website, go to registerblast.com/crowder to schedule an appointment with the Crowder College Testing Center. You must include your CLEP voucher/ticket number. In addition to the CLEP exam fee, there is a $20 testing center fee plus a $3.50 RegisterBlast processing fee. This will be paid when you register for your testing appointment on RegisterBlast.
- CLEP exams are given on Thursdays and only offered at the Crowder College Neosho Campus in the SSC Testing Center located on the third floor of McDonald Hall, room 318.
- Students must present a form of valid and acceptable identification. See the CLEP website for more information.
- Give your CLEP printed voucher to the test proctor.
- All cell phones and electronic items must be turned off.
- Cell phones, IDs and locker keys are to be left with the test proctor.
- All other personal items are to be locked in a locker provided by the testing center.
- Backpacks, bags, purses, wallets, etc.
- Music devices, laptops, cameras, health/fitness trackers, or any type of electronic items.
- Outerwear such as coats, sweaters, jackets, scarves, gloves, hats, etc.
- Hoodies or any clothing with a hood.
- Watches, noisy jewelry, etc.
- Food or drinks must be left in the proctor’s office and are not allowed into the testing room.
- Ear plugs, pencils, and erasers are provided and these are available in the testing room.
- Scratch paper will be provided by the test proctor.
- No talking is allowed in the testing room.
- Students will lose their testing privileges in the Testing Center if they are found cheating on a test and the incident will be reported to CLEP.
- All written and scratch work done during testing must be returned to the test proctor.
- Students receive their score as soon as they complete the exam. However, College Composition with Essay will be sent to CLEP for grading and will take two to three weeks to be scored.
- In order to retest on any CLEP exam, there is a three month waiting period.
To schedule your exam go to http://registerblast.com/crowder
Click here to reschedule your exam on Register Blast.
Click here to cancel your exam on Register Blast.
Click here if you have trouble scheduling on Register Blast.
The CLEP testing fee is non-refundable. If you are intending to reschedule your appointment, it should be done online no later than 24 hours prior to your scheduled test date. You will not be charged another testing fee if you choose to reschedule before the 24 hour period.
A CLEP ticket/voucher number is required to complete this registration. If you do not have a voucher number, you must first go to the CLEP My Account website and create your user profile in order to obtain the voucher number.