Student Loans

Student Loans

Federal Direct Stafford Loan Program

Fall 2023, Spring/Summer 2024 – Loan Form Request

Fall 2022, Spring/Summer 2023 – Loan Form Request


Crowder College processes Federal Direct Stafford Student Loans through the Federal Direct Loan Program. Under the Direct Loan program, the funds for your federal loans will come directly from the federal government.

Loan Information


  • Entrance Counseling

    If you have previously had a Federal Direct Student Loan at Crowder College your entrance counseling requirement is complete. You do not have to redo entrance counseling but you may choose to if you would like to refresh yourself on your borrower rights and responsibilities. Please review the link below:
    Entrance Counseling

  • Master Promissory Note

    All students applying for a Federal Direct Student Loan for the first time will have to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN).  If you have previously had a Federal Direct Student Loan at Crowder College your MPN requirement is complete. Instructions for completion are on the Loan Request form. No funds will be disbursed to a student unless they have completed this process.
    Master Promissory Note (e-MPN)

  • Exit Counseling

    Students who are graduating or dropping below half time will be required to complete exit counseling via the National Student Loan Data System Loan Exit Counseling site. You will be automatically directed to this site when you visit the Exit Counseling link on our web site. Please review the link below:
    Exit Counseling

Priority dates for application to request a Federal Direct Stafford Loan:

Fall – July 1
Spring – November 1
Summer – April 1

All loan requests submitted after the priority date will be handled on a case by case basis.

Students submitting a loan request at Crowder College will be required to complete entrance counseling before the loan can be processed. Instructions for completing the entrance counseling are found on the back of the loan request or on-line via the Crowder College web page, click the Financial Aid link then Student Loan link. All borrowing students are also required to complete exit counseling shortly before leaving Crowder College or if they drop below half-time status. Complete instructions for both entrance and exit student loan counseling may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office.

Students requesting a loan must be enrolled at least half time (6 credit hours). This applies to any and all semesters (fall, spring, and summer).