Campus Complaints

There are a variety of ways in which a person can submit an idea, share a concern, or make a complaint.

Complaints may be:

  • Informal – general, basic concerns or complaints which may generate a recommendation or improvement (e.g. parking, food service, maintenance issues, feedback from stakeholder surveys, etc.)
  • Formal – more specific complaints or concerns that are accompanied by a request or need for a solution requiring an immediate action (e.g. policy concern, etc.)

Informal Complaint Procedure

Informal complaints are received by a variety of college personnel, predominantly front-line staff and faculty.  Complaints may be submitted to any college staff member and will be moved through the division associated with the complaint–Academic Affairs, Finance, or Student Affairs.  Most of these complaints will be addressed at the original complaint stage. When an informal complaint is not resolved a formal complaint may be made.

Formal Complaint Procedure
A formal complaint must be made in writing and should be submitted to the appropriate division Vice President (Academic Affairs, Finance, or Student Affairs).  Formal complaints may also be made using the Complaint Form (see below).

  • When a complaint is received it is acknowledged by appropriate Vice President and directed to the appropriate department within the division.
  • The department/division reviews each complaint, to ensure processes and procedures are appropriate.  If the facts in the investigation warrant corrective action, the applicable procedures or policies will be modified.
  • The complaint, response, and resolution may be shared among College staff.
  • The person who issued the complaint is advised of the outcome.

If you wish to make a formal complaint please open, complete, and print the fillable complaint form below.

Complaint form

Note: Students enrolled via National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements who are dissatisfied with the resolution to a formal complaint may contact the Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development to file a formal complaint against the school.