If you have been sexually assaulted (raped) or a witness to a sexual assault, report it immediately by calling 911 or Crowder Safety and Security at 417.455.5744 or 417.456.0206.
If you have been raped:
Do not shower
Do not change clothes
Consider calling someone you trust
Do not tamper with any evidence
Do not clean up
Call 911 and go to an emergency room immediately
This form is intended to encourage faculty, staff, and students to voluntarily alert staff to a incident involving any type of sexual misconduct. This may include but is not limited to rape, stalking, discrimination, sexual harassment, gender-based bullying, dating/domestic violence, and sexual exploitation.Please note that this report is generally reviewed during regular business hours, Monday through Friday. This report form should not be used to report emergencies.
Every crime and assault on campus will be fully investigated by the proper authorities, including the Campus Safety and Security Office, the Vice President of Student Affairs and the local police department, if local authorities are called to the scene.
1. Find a safe place – away from the attacker. Stay with a trusted friend or family member.
2. Know that what happened was not your fault and now you can do what is best for you.
3. Report the assault by calling 911 or your local law enforcement agency.
4. To preserve evidence of the attack, don’t change your clothes, bathe, or brush your teeth.
5. Write down any details you can remember about the assault and the attacker.
6. Seek medical attention. Even if you may never report the assault or have no physical injuries, it is important to determine the risks of pregnancy or infection.
7. Recognize that healing from sexual assault will take time. Try not to rush the healing process.
8. Even if the assault happened years ago, know that it’s never too late to call for help.
LAFAYETTE HOUSE offers 24-hour emergency hotline, emergency room bedside advocacy, individual counseling, residential shelter, group counseling and education, community support and case management, and a variety of additional support services to victims of sexual assault.
Joplin, MO 64804
Other Numbers for Assistance
Ozark Center: 417.451.7720