Weather Cancellation Policy
When the decision is made by college administration to close one or more locations information will be posted usually before 6:00 a.m.
If the college is CLOSED – then no administrators, faculty, professional or classified staff members are expected to report for work on the day(s) indicated in the message.
Closed postings will be published through the following:
- School Rush is an instant communication push notification system. School Rush is an easy-to-use event reminder and emergency alert system that allows you to receive official communication from Crowder College. School Rush will be used for emergency communication only. To sign up, all you need is follow the School Rush Instructions. This service is provided free of charge by Crowder College, however a fee may be implied by your cell phone service provider for the text message. This is dependent on your phone plan.
- A banner posted on My Crowder
- On Blackboard under Important Notices and 01-Student How To’s Course.
- Calling the main Crowder College phone number: 417-451-3223.
- Posting to the official Crowder College Facebook page
- Emailed to All-Students and All-Employees
- We will also notify area media (television and radio), but the college sources are first priority.
Procedures for Implementing Finals due to School Cancellation
If a Crowder College Campus location is closed during finals week, the following procedures will be implemented regarding finals.
- Due to state and national accreditation standards, students in the Crowder Nursing program and the Crowder Veterinary Technology program must participate in Final exams. Students in these programs do not have the option to take the grade they have earned going into the final exam. Students in these two programs should reference his or her program handbook for specific information regarding the procedures for implementing finals due to school cancellation in the Crowder Nursing Program and the Crowder Veterinary Technology.
- Distance learning or online finals are held as planned. No adjustments in the plans, schedule, or process for online classes. If the online final is a proctored on-ground final, the rules in #3, #4, and #5 apply.
- Students who miss an on-ground final exam due to school being cancelled on the day of the final at their attendance location may take the grade they have earned going into the final exam.
- Students who miss an on-ground final as defined in #3 may ask the instructor to take the missed final exam. The student must contact his or her instructor via e-mail DURING FINALS WEEK ONLY (Monday thru Thursday). The instructor will set the time and date to take the exam, which needs to occur prior to the end of business day on Friday of finals week. If a student does not make arrangements during finals week, he or she will be given the grade he or she had going into the final exam. A student may not ask after finals week for a date to take a missed final. If a student makes arrangements to take the missed final exam, the grade earned including the final exam is the final grade for the class. The student may not return to the grade going into the final exam.
- If the Crowder College Campus location where the class meets is closed all week, then the current grade will count as the final grade.