Fall 2013 & Spring/Summer 2104 Tuition
Summer 2013 Tuition
Distance Learning Fee*
*These fees are in addition to tuition & facility use fees.
To establish residency status: Residency status is established at the time a student matriculates or enrolls at Crowder College. To establish residency status proper verification must be provided or available upon application to verify eligibility for lower tuition rates of district and in-state students (see the residency requirements below or contact Admissions at 417-455-5550). The residence of a minor student will be the residence of the parents/legal guardian(s) unless the student has established court declared emancipation.
To maintain residency status: The student establishes residency status at the time of the application and that status remains in effect while the student is continuously enrolled at Crowder College (summer terms excluded). Students not continuously enrolled may be required to provide further verification of their current residency status upon re-enrollment.
Changing residency status: A request for a change of residency status must be submitted, in writing, to the Records Office with appropriate evidence or documentation of residency change. Administrative action to change the residency status of a student is at the discretion of the Vice President of Student Affairs. In accordance with the Due Process policy, students may appeal decisions by submitting a grievance to the Vice President of Student Affairs for review (see Student Handbook for further information on non-academic appeals/grievance procedures). Four categories of residency in which the student is classified for the purpose of assessing fees and tuition include the following:
A student (or parents/legal guardians, if he/she is a minor) who has established residency within the college district (Neosho, Diamond, Seneca, East Newton and McDonald County school districts) must submit requests for change of status, no later than, two (2) weeks prior to the term for which the change is requested. A change to District Residency may be requested if the student (or parents/legal guardians, if he/she is a minor):
1. Becomes a Real Estate or Personal Property Taxpayer in the college district and presents a current paid tax receipt issued by the county tax collector.
2. Provides verification of Marriage to a Missouri Resident who is/becomes a real estate taxpayer or personal property taxpayer in the college district and presents a current paid tax receipt, issued by the county collector, to the Records Office.
3. Military Discharge in the state of Missouri while residing in the college district.
4. Rental Agreement or records of monthly receipts and a second form or verification of district residency to evidence, at least, one (1) year of residence in the college district prior to the semester enrolled; unless, the student or parent can submit evidence or receipts of real estate or personal property tax payments to the District of Newton (Neosho, Diamond, Seneca, and East Newton School Districts) or McDonald County school district.
A student (or parents/legal guardians, if he/she is a minor) who has established residence in the state of Missouri, one year or longer, prior to initial enrollment at Crowder College. A change to In-state Resident may be requested if the student or parents of a dependent student provides evidence of:
1. Military Discharge in the state of Missouri.
2. Rental Agreement or records of monthly receipts to evidence, at least, one (1) year of residence in Missouri; unless, the student or parent can submit evidence or receipts of real estate or personal property tax payments in the State of Missouri.
3. Provides verification of Marriage to a Missouri Resident.
4. Employment Transfer.
A student (or parents/legal guardians, if he/she is a minor) whose residence is in a state other than the state of Missouri.
A student (or parents/legal guardians, if he/she is a minor) whose legal residence is in a foreign country at the time of registration.
Complete Residence Status information is available in the Records Office.
This information is available in the College Catalog