How to Make a Report
Complete the student in distress online report.
What does BIT need to know?
Providing as much information as possible is essential!
- Student’s name and ID number, if known.
- Brief facts, a factual description of the incident, or facts on the observed behaviors.
- Direct quotes, whenever possible.
- The location and time the incident or behavior occurred.
- Names and contact information of witnesses.
- Your name, position and complete contact information.
- Include all emails or other information you may have.
- Always save voice recordings, text messages, and emails on the device that received them.
- Documentation such as pictures, writing samples, screen shots, etc. can be uploaded into the report, if needed.