- Degree Options
- Practical Nurse
- Practical Nurse application
Crowder College offers a 56 credit hour program on the path to become a licensed practical nurse. This is a selective admission program offered at the Nevada Instructional Center. The program prepares graduates who demonstrate entry-level competencies as a Practical Nurse to enter the high demand field of nursing and healthcare.
Benefits of becoming a Practical Nurse
- 2 semester certificate program beginning in August with graduation the following May
- No college level pre-requisites required
- Small class sizes (1 instructor for every 8 students)
- Individualized instruction
- Hands on training
- Bridge to RN programs – Available at Crowder Nevada, Neosho, Cassville, & McDonald County or others in the area
- Offered on Nevada campus only
- Fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing
- Ability of graduates to make $15-$25 per hour….even while you pursue further education!
Our graduates are earning $15-25 per hour locally. Here is a look at salary range information from:
- Indeed – $23.56 per hour
- Salary.com – $43,225-53,222 annually (as of Dec. 2020)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – $43,210 annual mean salary | $16.61-$30.46 per hour (as of 2019)
The Practical Nursing program is fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (MSBN) and the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
To be admitted into the program a prospective student must apply and receive acceptance to Crowder College and complete the following:
- Have a valid high school diploma or the equivalent, such as GED or HiSet
- Complete the TEAS pre-entrance exam
- Have good moral character as evidenced by references
- Free of Class A or B felonies on criminal background check
- Enrolled in the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) with no disqualifying issues per clinical site determination
- Acceptable drug screen clearance
- Adequate finances and reliable transportation
- Ability to perform Required Functional Abilities
Practical Nurse (2023-24 applications)
Application deadline is April 15. The following steps must be completed and submitted by this date to be considered. Prior to this application a prospective student must complete a Crowder College application and be accepted. Visit any Crowder College campus to complete this application process if you are not able to complete it online.
- Program Information: includes admission criteria, curriculum, transfer and functional abilities
- Practical Nursing Program Application
- Missouri State Board of Nursing Licensure information
Program Cost Estimate 2023-24
Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, course fees, and books. Estimates are based on tuition at the time of publication and are subject to change.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.ed.gov Crowder School code is 002459. Click on the IRS data retrieval option. This will automatically download your 2018 tax information into the FAFSA. If you need assistance to complete your FAFSA, contact Crowder College financial aid services at 417-667-0518.
Submit official copy of high school transcript or equivalency to:
601 Laclede Ave.
Neosho, MO 64850
Electronic submission may be made to Records@Crowder.edu If you are a current high school senior, have unofficial transcript sent and send official upon graduation.
Send an unofficial transcript to:
Attn: KA’Sandra Leer
600 W. Edwards
Nevada, MO 64772
Register on the Family Care Safety Registry for Missouri. *You can check to see if you are already registered by going to https://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/ Click on “Registration” tab, click “Register,” click the tab “Is a Person Registered.” Enter the requested information and you will be alerted if your Social Security number (SSN) is found in the database. If your SSN was found you have completed the requirements for this step. *If your SSN is not in the database you must register. There is a one-time fee of $15.25 to register. Click the Continue button next, then “To Proceed with Registration.” For the Employer name select “No Employer.” In the “Select if No Employer” field select “Student.” For the “Registration Type” select “Voluntary.” Continue to follow the on-line prompts to complete the remaining information. You will be asked for your payment information at the end of the process. You should receive a “Transaction Successful” message at the very end of the process.
If you have any questions related to this process, please contact the Practical Nursing Program secretary at 417-667.0518, ext. 5238. Failure to register by application deadline may make you ineligible for admission.
Click on the photo below to learn more about Crowder’s LPN program.