eNews – Monday, March 11, 2019
The college will be open Mon-Thurs of Spring Break, March 11-14. All locations will be closed Friday, March 15. Enjoy spring break!
- Spring Break is March 11-15. The college offices are open all week except Friday, March 15.
- Summer & Fall Schedules should be online the week of March 18. Priority enrollment starts April 1 for sophomores, so schedule an appointment with your advisor today!
- Roughrider Women’s Basketball team finished the season 13-19. Congratulations to the following players earning Region 16 honors: 1st team – Alex Vogt; 2nd team – Elle Williams & Maia Wright
- The Roughrider Baseball team is 16-4 on the season and ranked #5 in the country. They play at home Saturday, March 16, 1pm (weather permitting). For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/bsb/2018-19/schedule
- Roughrider Softball team is 21-0 on the season. They are currently playing in Cocoa Beach, FL and will play at home Saturday, March 23 vs. State Fair CC at 2pm. For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/sball/2018-19/schedule
- Win tickets to the Oklahoma City Thunder basketball April 9, at 8:30pm! Campus Life will be giving away 2 sets of 2 tickets each. Register at the Baseball game on March 22, and Softball game on March 28. Tickets will be drawn on March 28 after the softball game. These are lower level seats and the last home game for the Thunder. Registration is free to any Crowder student.
Career & Transfer Services
- Campus Visits available for students who will be transferring. Transportation will be provided, but spaces are limited. To sign up, contact Jamie Stanley, 417.455.5616 or email: JamieStanley@Crowder.edu
- Missouri University of Science & Technology – Friday, March 22
- Pittsburg State University – Friday, March 29
- Graduation & Transfer Fairs – Opportunity for students to explore transfer options upon completion at Crowder
- Nevada campus – Tuesday, March 19 from 2-4PM
- Neosho/Main campus – Wednesday, March 20 from 10AM – 1PM
- Career Fair, Wednesday, April 10, 9am-2:30pm, with networking lunch from 11:30am-12:30pm. If you have a business who would like to reserve a space please register before April 2. https://goo.gl/forms/GPFUENtESn8nY4Zv2
- Neosho High School Art Exhibit in the Longwell Museum, Feb. 25-Mar. 15, with a reception March 7, 5-7pm. Museum hours are 9am-6:30pm, M-F, with the museum closed for holidays and weekends. For more information: 417.455.5470.
- Community Education classes will have new opportunities in the spring. Watch for updates after the first of the year! https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- 50th Annual Aggie Day will be held Thursday, March 21, on the Neosho campus.
- Annual HS Business competition will be held Wednesday, March 27.
- 6th Annual Agriculture Department Calf Auction fundraiser will be April 3, 11am, Joplin Regional Stockyard. This year’s red limousine was donated by the Flying E Ranch, Gary and Linda Emmert. For more information contact Jorge Zapata @ 417.455.5496.
- SoftStitchers Quilt Show in the Longwell Museum, March 21-24, 10am-4pm (Thurs-Sat) and 1-3pm (Sunday). Quilt Boutique during show. For more information contact Susan Taylor at 417.540.1260.
- Theatre department presents Cat in the Hat, Saturday, March 30, 10am & 2pm in the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus. Tickets are $5-children; $8-adults. For more information call 417.455.5458.
- The Friends of the Lee Library is currently taking donations for the annual book sale, April 2-4. If you have any books, DVDs, or audiobooks you are willing to part with please contact the library, 417.455.5775.
- Local Author Fair, April 27, 9:30-2pm in Wright Conference Center. For more information go to: www.crowder.edu/lee-library/authorsymposium or email: KentFarnsworth@Crowder.edu