Roughrider eNews – April 30, 2018
- Open enrollment begins today, April 30. Check out the schedule at: https://my.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next
- Graduation is May 19 in Bob Sneller Gymnasium on the Neosho campus. Ceremonies are as scheduled: 10am – General Studies majors; and 1pm for all other degrees. For more information go to: https://www.crowder.edu/services/records/graduation/ Congratulations graduates!
- Crowder Technical Education Center Student Awards will be held Tuesday, May 1, starting at 9am & 12:30pm, in Wright Conference Center on the Neosho campus. A special event will be held at 11am for seniors planning to attend Crowder College this fall. Congratulations to all award recipients and future Roughriders!
- The Roughrider Baseball team is now 42-13 on the season, 26-6 in Region 16 play. They will host a sub-regional game on Friday, May 4, 2pm. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Softball team finished their season 53-13, Region 16 Runner-up. It took #1 seed Three Rivers a 3rd game to determine the championship. Congratulations on a great season! #GoRoughriders!
- Sophomore Basketball players who are going on to play at the next level will be signing their letters of intent Tuesday, May 8, 1pm in Wright Conference Center. #ProudtobeaRoughrider!
- Sophomore Soccer players who are going on to play at the next level will be signing their letters of intent in the upcoming weeks. Watch for more information. #ProudtobeaRoughrider!
- Auditions for the summer play, Jeeves at Sea, will be held today, Monday, April 30, 5-7pm, in the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus. For more information go to: https://www.crowder.edu/2018/04/25/crowder-college-community-theatre-auditions-this-weekend/
- Community Education classes are available in a variety of topics on the Neosho campus. For a complete listing go to: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- Basic Motorcycle Rider Course is available on the weekend. Check out the schedule at: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/
- The Longwell Museum will have nationally-known Doug Hall artwork on display April 24-June 1. An artist reception will be held Saturday, May 12, 1-4pm. The Museum hours are 9am-6:30pm, Mon-Fri. Special opening on graduation, May 19, 11am-3pm. The museum will be closed weekends and holidays unless otherwise noted. For more information about Doug Hall please visit: doughallfineart.com
- The Lee Library will host an Author Symposium, May 2. For a list of authors who are participating or to register go to: [URL DEPRECATED]
- The Unveiling of the newly remodeled 2005 solar house and induction of Dr. Kent A. Farnsworth into the Alternative Energy Hall of Fame will take place Wednesday, May 9, 11am at the 2005 solar house. This is part of Celebrate MARET – 40th year in alternative energy instruction, 25th year designation as the Missouri Alternative & Renewable Energy Technology Center by the Missouri Legislature, and 5th year for the Roy Blunt Center for MARET. (see invitation attached)
- The Quill ceremony will be held Thursday, May 10, 7pm in the Elsie Plaster Community Center. For more information go to: crowderquill.com
- The Vet Tech program has two dogs left for Adoption. Check out the available pets: https://www.crowder.edu/academics/departments/agriculture/vet-tech/pet-adoption/
- Camp AMPED (Advanced Manufacturing Product Entrepreneurial Design) will be held June 18-29, for girls and boys ages 14-16, 8:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri. Camp AMPED is designed to help inspire the next generation of inventors, engineers, entrepreneurs and manufacturers. Register or find at more at: https://www.crowder.edu/business-community/grants/amped-campcrowder.edu/grants/amped-camp
Last Updated on April 30, 2018 by Steven Brunson