Roughrider eNews – February 20, 2018
- You are to assume the college is open unless notification is sent out of closure. Please refer to the “Weather Cancellation Policy” on the website for details. Sign up for MySchoolWay to get instant communication.
- Enrollment for spring 2018 2nd 8 week classes is still open. 2nd 8 week classes begin March 19, 2018.
- Revisions have been made to the Spring 2018 Academic calendar: [Link has been archived]
- The Educational Opportunity Center will help you complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Make an appointment: eoc@Crowder.edu; call 417.455.5475 or stop by an EOC Office at Neosho, Cassville, Webb City, and McDonald County.
- Graduation & Transfer Fairs will be held this Spring as follows: Cassville: Thursday, March 1 from 11:00 AM—2:00 PM (Administration
Building); Neosho: Tuesday, March 6 from 11:00 AM—2:00 PM (Wright Conference Center); Webb City: Wednesday, March 21 from 10:00 AM—1:00 PM (Hickey Building); Nevada: Tuesday, March 27 from 10:00 AM—1:00 PM; McDonald County: Wednesday, March 28 from 11:00 AM—2:00 PM
Information about scholarships, programs/majors, housing, club & organizations, as well as important deadlines will be available.
- The Roughrider Basketball team is now 20-7 on the season. They will play at home on Wednesday, Feb. 21, 6pm, which will be Sophomore night as well as Employee Appreciation night. Check out the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Baseball team is currently ranked #2 in NJCAA Division I. The team is 7-1 on the season with their next home series scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 24, 4pm. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Softball team are now 8-2 on the season. They will play at home on March 6, 2pm. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/sball/2017-18/schedule
- Black History month is February and the Campus Life group has movies scheduled every Tuesday in Feb. 20 & 27 at 6pm in the Fireside Room in the Student Center on the Neosho campus. This event is free and open to students and staff.
- The Neosho School Art Exhibit will be on display in the Longwell Museum located inside the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus. The exhibit runs March 6-21. Artwork will be from high school, junior high and middle school students. The museum is open to the public from 9:30-6:30 Monday-Friday.
- Community Education classes are available in a variety of topics on the Neosho campus. For a complete listing go to: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- Crowder Theatre will host the MSHSAA District qualifying tournament Feb. 27 in the Elsie Plaster Community Center.
- The International Club is hosting an “International Dining Experience” as a fundraiser for the group March 5, 6pm. The evening will include an authentic Venezuelan meal prepared by students. A limited number of tickets are available. For more information go to: https://www.crowder.edu/2018/02/14/20137/
or contact Sarah Horine at: SarahHorine@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5550
- Crowder Theatre presents The Shape of Things, March 22-24, 7:30pm nightly + 2pm matinee on Saturday, March 24. Reservations are required. Call 417.455.5458.
- 49th Annual Aggie Day is March 22. The Speaking Contests will be held March 8.
- Annual High School Business Competition will be held Wednesday, March 28.
- The MARET Center will host workshops for interested community members on Residential Solar-March 22 & 29; Residential Wind-April 12 & 19; Sustainable Living Home Visit. Cost is $40 per the 2-workshop series or purchase both for $75. Home tour is $25. Space is limited, so pre-registration is required. For more information call 417.455.5422 or email: MARET@Crowder.edu
- Friends of the Lee Library Book Sale will be held April 3-5, in Wright Conference Center on the Neosho campus. Donations of used books may be dropped off at the Lee Library. For more information contact Eric Deatherage, Library Director, 417.455.5610.
- The Crowder Foundation will host the Roughrider Car Show Saturday, April 28, 10am-3pm. For more information or to register your car go to: https://www.crowder.edu/foundation/events/
- The Lee Library will host an Author Symposium, May 2. For more information or to register go to: [URL DEPRECATED]
Last Updated on October 22, 2020 by Steven Brunson