- Priority enrollment for Spring 2018 begins Today, Nov. 13 for sophomores with 28+ hours and Nov. 16 for Freshmen with 1-27 hours. Open enrollment will begin Nov. 27. Watch for Spring schedule: https://my.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next
- The college will be closed for the Thanksgiving break Nov. 22-26. We will reopen normal hours on Monday Nov. 27 which is the first day of Open Enrollment.
- Finals week: Dec. 11-14
- Fall commencement ceremony will be held Sat. Dec. 16, 10am in the Bob Sneller Gymnasium.
- The Roughrider Women’s Basketball team is now 4-2 on the season. Next home game is Tuesday, Nov. 14 at 6pm. For a complete game schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/schedule
- Crowder College Technical Education Center will be hosting 8th Grade Day Camps, Nov. 14 & 15. Students from area Jr. High Schools in Newton & McDonald County are given the opportunity to see the programs they have available in high school.
- The Crowder Quill art and literary magazine is now accepting submissions for its annual contest. Crowder students as well as area high school students and adult community members compete for awards and publication in the categories of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, photography, digital, 2D and 3D art. The categories of 2D traditional media (paintings, drawings and hand-made prints) and 3D art (pottery, ceramic, sculptures) may be postmarked by Feb. 1 or hand delivered by the following Monday, Feb. 5. Digitized 2D and 3D art and all other entries should be sent as electronic files and uploaded online by Feb. 5 to CrowderQuill.com. Email Quill@crowder.edu or call 417-455-5410 to make arrangements for hand-delivered art entries.
- Community Education classes have been scheduled for the fall semester in Neosho. These short workshops are for community members as they are geared towards hobbies and special interests. See a complete list of classes, dates, times and cost at: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- The Vet Tech program has three wonderful young kitties who need forever homes! They are all about 6-7 months of age, spayed or neutered, fully vaccinated, and are litter box trained. We prefer that they are adopted to inside homes. They will be ready to go home the afternoon of November 16th and must have homes by the 21st, since there won’t be students on campus to care for them over the Thanksgiving break. They all have great personalities! https://www.crowder.edu/academics/departments/agriculture/vet-tech/pet-adoption/
- Snake County Stories will be presented Saturday, Nov. 18, Elsie Plaster Community Center, 7pm. This is a play based on the history of McDonald County and told in word, song and sound will be performed one last time this year.
- 1 in 500 chance to Win a Honda Fit. Tickets are $50 each with only 135 remaining of the 500 being sold! Drawing will take place at the 15th Annual Festival of Wreaths, Nov. 14. Purchase tickets online: winahondafit.com or call the Foundation Office at 417.455.5646.
- 15th Annual Festival of Wreaths, Nov. 14. Doors open at 4pm – Silent auction; 6:30pm – Live auction. This is the single largest scholarship fundraising event for the Foundation. Find out more: https://501auctions.com/festivalofwreaths
Last Updated on November 13, 2017 by Cindy