The A+ program main goal is to assure that all students, when they graduate, are well-prepared to pursue advanced education, employment, or both. The A+ program is funded through the State of Missouri and is administered by the Missouri Department of Higher Education. As such, changes are often made as the program is reviewed frequently. Any changes that are made are typically retroactive, meaning that they take effect immediately and are applied to every A+ eligible student no matter when they began using their A+ benefits. You are always notified of any changes to the A+ program through email, posted information on the Crowder College website, posted information on BlackBoard, and posted information on MyCrowder. Please be sure to check your Crowder College email account for notices with regard to your A+ benefits.
What Does A+ Cover?
The Missouri A+ Scholarship Program provides coverage of tuition and facility use fee, each semester eligible, for 105% of the hours needed for degree completion. Eligible students may begin utilizing their A+ benefits at Crowder College during any semester following their high school graduation (within four years of high school graduation).
- A+ will not pay for repeated coursework; any repeated coursework that was paid for by the A+ Program initially will be paid for by the student during the semester the repeated coursework is being completed.
- A+ will not pay for dropped; any dropped coursework will be paid for by the student during the semester the dropped occurred.
- Student must be seeking a degree from Crowder College: A+ may not be used during a summer home from another college.
- Student must enroll as a full-time student (12 or more credit hours in the fall or spring) and maintain full-time enrollment through Financial Aid Census Day in order to be eligible for A+ reimbursement. **
- Student must meet the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) minimum requirement of 2.5 or higher for reimbursement.
- Student must complete the FAFSA for the correct academic year and provide all required information to the Financial Aid Office in order to complete their Financial Aid file.
- Student must complete the A+ agreement and A+ Release of Records half sheet with the A+ Coordinator.
- Student must have an official high school transcript with the A+ Seal/Stamp on file with the Records Office.
**A+ will pay for a student to be less than full time only if:
- The student has a documented disability and has an ADA letter on file with the A+ Office from the Office of Disability Services Coordinator.
- The student plans to graduate at the end of the semester, has applied for graduation with the Record’s office, and has notified the A+ Coordinator.
The following is a link to the Missouri Department of Higher Education’s A+ website: http://www.dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php
For more questions concerning these changes, feel free to contact Sarah Horine, A+ Coordinator at 417.455.5550, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Additional Information Contact:
Coordinator, International and A+ Programs
The A+ Schools Financial Assistance program is dependent upon continued funding from the State of Missouri and is not the responsibility of Crowder College.