- October 14 – 2nd 8-week classes begin
- Transfer Fairs – These events are open to all students. Any student considering transferring to continue their education after graduating from Crowder is encouraged to attend a Transfer Fair to learn how they can start planning for a seamless transfer. Events are as follows:
- Cassville (Tuesday, 10/22: 10 AM – 1 PM)
- Nevada (Thursday, 10/24: 3 PM – 5 PM)
- Phi Theta Kappa induction, Sunday, October 20, 2 pm, Wright Conference Center. PTK is an honor society for students earning a 3.5gpa or higher with a full-time schedule. For information about the event contact: Suzanne Prior: SuzannePrior@Crowder.edu or Dr. Peter Broglio: PeterBroglio@Crowder.edu For more information about PTK go to: www.ptk.org
- Soccer team is now 10-4 on the season and ranked #19 in the NJCAA poll, 9-30-2019. Home games: Monday, Oct 14 @ 4 pm. #GoRoughriders
- Basketball season scrimmages are underway with the regular season beginning Nov. 1 on the road. The home opener is Fri, Oct 8 @ 7 pm in the Roughrider Classic.
- Baseball fall scrimmages are away
- Softball fall scrimmages are all away
- Cornhole Tournament fundraiser for the Softball team, Nov. 9, 2 pm at River Bend Casino. $50 per team with cash prizes, double-elimination format. To register contact: SamanthaJuarez@Crowder.edu
- 17th Annual Festival of Wreaths, Tues, Nov 12 @ 5 pm in Elsie Plaster Community Center. Pre-register for more information go to: https://e.givesmart.com/events/dzj/
- Show Me, Crowder, is Oct 16, 9 am-noon. This event is for high school juniors and seniors, homeschool students and potential college students to tour the campus.
- Crowder Theatre presents Tombstone, Oct 17-19, 7:30pm nightly, plus 2pm matinee on Saturday, Elsie Plaster Community Center. Tickets are available: General Admission – $8; Senior Citizens & Students – $5; Crowder Students & Staff – $4, Dorm students – Free. For reservations call: 417.455.5458.
- Employer Panel – Oct 31, Elsie Plaster Auditorium. There are two sessions: 9-10:30 am or 12:45-2 pm. Students will have an opportunity to hear employers speak about the skills needed in their industry. Industry participants include: health care, law enforcement, construction/manufacturing, multi-industry manufacturing, military, and transportation & logistics. For more information contact: CareerServices@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5618.
Last Updated on October 14, 2019 by Steven Brunson