- October 3-9: Midterms
- October 11 – Fall Break – all locations closed
- October 14 – 2nd 8-week classes begin
- Transfer Fairs – These events are open to all students. Any student considering transferring to continue their education after graduating from Crowder is encouraged to attend a Transfer Fair to learn how they can start planning for a seamless transfer. Events are as follows:
- Neosho (Tuesday, 10/08: 10 AM – 1 PM) – Wright Conference Center
- Webb City (Thursday, 10/10: 10 AM – 1 PM)
- Cassville (Tuesday, 10/22: 10 AM – 1 PM)
- Nevada (Thursday, 10/24: 3 PM – 5 PM)
- Phi Theta Kappa induction, Sunday, October 20, 2 pm, Wright Conference Center. PTK is an honor society for students earning a 3.5gpa or higher with a full-time schedule. For information about the event contact: Suzanne Prior: SuzannePrior@Crowder.edu or Dr. Peter Broglio: PeterBroglio@Crowder.edu For more information about PTK go to: www.ptk.org
- Soccer team is now 9-4 on the season and ranked #19 in the NJCAA poll, 9-30-2019. Home games: Wed, Oct 9 @ 4 pm. #GoRoughriders
- Basketball season scrimmages begin Oct 9 with regular-season beginning Oct 1. The home opener is Fri, Oct 8 @ 7 pm in the Roughrider Classic.
- Baseball scrimmages at home: October 8 @ 1 pm vs Coffeyville
- Softball scrimmages are all away for the month of October
- Fieldhouse ribbon-cutting Tues, Oct 8 @ 1 pm. Come tour the new facility
- Freeman Fieldhouse ribbon-cutting Tues, Oct 8 @ 1 pm. Take a tour of the new facility and meet some of our generous donors
- 17th Annual Festival of Wreaths, Tues, Nov 12 @ 5 pm in Elsie Plaster Community Center. Pre-for more information go to: https://e.givesmart.com/events/dzj/
- Show Me Crowder is Oct 16, 9 am-noon. This event is for high school juniors and seniors, homeschool students and potential college students to tour the campus. Registration is available online: https://www.crowder.edu/show-me-crowder/
- Crowder Theatre presents Tombstone, Oct 17-19, 7:30 pm nightly, plus 2 pm matinee on Saturday, Elsie Plaster Community Center. Tickets are available: General Admission – $8; Senior Citizens & Students – $5; Crowder Students & Staff – $4, Dorm students – Free. For reservations call: 417.455.5458.
- Employer Panel – Oct 31, Elsie Plaster Auditorium. There are two sessions: 9-10:30 am or 12:45-2 pm. Students will have an opportunity to hear employers speak about the skills needed in their industry. Industry participants include: health care, law enforcement, construction/manufacturing, multi-industry manufacturing, military, and transportation & logistics. For more information contact: CareerServices@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5618.
Last Updated on October 7, 2019 by Steven Brunson