eNews – Monday, November 12, 2018
- Finals week is Dec. 10-14 with Fall 2018 Graduation at 10am on Saturday, Dec. 15, in Bob Sneller Gymnasium on the Neosho campus.
- SkillUp is a grant funded program aimed at engaging SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program) recipients in education and training needed to pursue long-term employment in a career pathway that is in demand and provides good wages. CJ Estes is the contact for this program at Crowder. She will be working the in Grants Office at the college for more information or assistance.
- Roughrider Women’s Basketball team are 2-3 on the season. They play at home Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 6pm vs. Murray State and Fri. Nov. 16 at 7pm and Sat., Nov. 17 at 3pm in the Don Wilson Classic at Bob Sneller Gymnasium. Check out the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2018-19/schedule
- The Career & Transfer Office will have several colleges on the Neosho campus in the Student Center for you to find out more about transfer options. Colleges on campus will be as follows:
- Pittsburg State University – Monday, November 19, 10:30am-12:30pm
- Campus Life will once again have an Angel Tree campaign. This is a way students and staff can help students in need provide holiday gifts and a meal for their family. Student applications must be received by noon on Monday, Nov. 12, TODAY! Adoptions will be available later that week. For more information contact: CampusLife@Crowder.edu
- Cassville Art Appreciation class is hosting an Old-Fashioned Mail Art Show. Postcards will be on display through the end of January.
- National Apprenticeship week is November 12-16 and to kick off the week Crowder College and Certified Express, Inc (CEI) will sign an apprenticeship agreement at 11am on Monday, Nov. 12 in Wright Conference Center, Room B. This marks the third apprenticeship for Crowder.
- 16th Annual Festival of Wreaths is Nov. 13. Silent auction at 4pm followed by Live Auction at 6:30pm. View the items and bid online at: https://501auctions.com/festivalofwreaths
- Contact the Foundation Office for more information, 417.455.5646.
- Win a 2019 Honda Fit! Tickets are $50 each and the drawing will be held at the Festival of Wreaths Tuesday, Nov. 13. Need not be present to win. To buy tickets go to: www.winahondafit.com
- Crowder Technical Education Center (CTEC) will host 8th Grade Day Camps Nov. 13-15. Eighth graders from Neosho, McDonald County, East Newton, Seneca and Diamond will choose two programs and spend the day with hands-on projects in those programs. For more information contact Jim Williams at 417.455.5650.
- Community Education classes are available this fall at the Neosho campus. Check out what we are offering: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- Presidential Finalist Public Forums will be held in Wright Conference Center. For more details go to: https://www.crowder.edu/2018/10/25/public-forums-announced-for-presidential-finalists/
- Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 3pm – Dr. Harold Arnett
- Thursday, Nov. 15 at 3pm – Dr. Glenn Coltharp
- Tuesday, Nov. 20 at 3pm – Dr. Beatriz Joseph
- The forums will be held as follows:
- Crowder Agriculture Division will host the State Post-Secondary Agriculture Student competition Nov. 15-17 with over 150 Missouri college students competing.
- Theatre Department will hold auditions for Cat in the Hat, The Musical, Nov. 26, 2:30-4pm & Nov. 27, 4-6pm. Prep includes comedic monologue and 16 bars of music. For more information contact NatashaDavies@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5458.
- Community Choir Christmas Cantata will be held Dec. 2 at 3:30pm at the Neosho United Methodist Church, 224 S. Wood St, Neosho. This year the them is “The Mystery and the Majesty” a cantata by Joseph M. Martin. For more information contact Becky Shaw: BeckyShaw@Crowder.edu
- Crowder Student Art Exhibit will be held Dec. 3-Feb. 14, in the Longwell Museum in the Elsie Plaster Community Center. Museum hours are 9am-6:30pm, M-F, with the museum closed for holidays and weekends. A reception will be held Friday, Dec. 7, more information to follow. For more information contact CaseySmith@Crowder.edu
- The Missouri Alternative & Renewable Energy Technology (MARET) Center invites you to help up celebrate Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum certification, which is the highest rating. The celebration will take place Tuesday, Dec. 4, 1pm, at the Roy Blunt Center for MARET. For more information contact: MelissaOates@Crowder.edu
- Theatre Department presents A Christmas Carol, Dec. 6-8, pm in the Black Box theatre in the Elsie Plaster Community Center. For more information contact NatashaDavies@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5458.
- Crowder Speech & Debate will host a high school tournament Dec. 7-8 on the Neosho campus. For more information contact: KristenStout@Crowder.edu