eNews – Monday, October 8, 2018
The College will be closed Friday, October 12, for Fall Break.
- You may still enroll in 2nd 8 week classes which start October 15.
- Mid-terms this week! Be prepared!
- Priority Enrollment for Spring 2019 classes begins Nov. 12 (28+ hours) and Nov. 15 (1-27 hours). Watch for the Spring schedule the week of October 29!
- Phi Theta Kappa Induction will be Sunday, Oct. 14, 2pm. Students who have earned a 3.5GPA and are enrolled full-time would have received an invitation to join. Membership offers scholarship opportunities and more. For information please contact Suzanne Prior, 417.455.5570 or email: SuzannePrior@Crowder.edu
- Roughrider Soccer team is now 7-5-1 on the season. They will play at home on Tuesday, Oct. 9, Thursday, Oct. 11, and Saturday, Oct. 13 @ 4pm. #GoRoughriders! For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/msoc/2018-19/schedule
- Roughrider Softball and Baseball teams have fall scrimmages. Go to CrowderAthletics.com for more information.
- Baseball Alumni weekend kicks off with the Alumni game Friday, Oct. 12, 7pm at Roughrider Field. A 4-man Golf Scramble fundraiser will be held Saturday, Oct. 13 at 11am. This event is open to any golfers wanting to support the Roughriders. The annual banquet will be held at 7pm at the Neosho Civic Center at 7pm. Hall of Fame inductions and a fundraising auction will take place. For more information contact Coach Travis Lallemand at 417.455.5626.
- Roughrider Women’s Basketball team will begin play at Evangel on October 10. Regular season games kick off November 2. Check out the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2018-19/schedule
- Campus Life is hosting a Blood Drive on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 9am-2pm, in the Student Center on the Neosho campus.
- Campus Life will host a tailgate party at the soccer game on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 4pm. Free hotdogs, burgers, chips and a cold drink! Come out and cheer on the Roughrider Soccer team!
- Graduation & Transfer Fair, October 16, 11AM-2PM, in the Student Center. Similar events at other campus locations include: Oct. 9 – Cassville. Learn about various transfer options to over 25 universities. Free lunch and chance to win college swag!
- Community Choir is open to anyone (student or community member). Rehearsals are at 7pm on Monday evenings in Elsie Plaster Room 124. This year’s choir will perform a Christmas Cantata. For more information contact Becky Shaw @ 417.455.5634 or email: BeckyShaw@Crowder.edu
- Dutch Language learning – meets on Tuesdays at 2:30pm in Farber room 156. Each semester the International Program Coordinator, Sarah Horine, offers a free opportunity to learn conversational use of a new language. For more information contact: SarahHorine@Crowder.edu
- Smith, Smith & Smith Art Exhibit, Oct 2-19, in the Longwell Museum inside the Elsie Plaster Community Center. Artists reception will be held Friday, Oct. 19, 5-7pm. Museum hours are from 9am-7pm, Monday-Friday.
- Theatre Department presents A Few Good Men, Oct. 18-20, 7:30pm nightly + 2pm matinee on Saturday, Oct. 20 in the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus. General Admission-$8; Senior Citizens-$5; Crodwer Staff/Students-$4. The production is rated PG-13. For more information contact NatashaDavies@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5458.
- Crowder Foundation Annual Scholarship Banquet will be held October 8, 5:30pm, in the Bob Sneller Gymnasium. Contact the Foundation Office for more information, 417.455.5646.
- Community Education classes are available this fall at the Neosho campus. Check out what we are offering: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- International Club will offer an international dining experience on the Neosho campus Tuesday, October 9, at 6:30pm in Newton Hall Conference. The Venezuelan cuisine will feature a full meal and dessert. Tickets are $25 per person or $40 for two tickets. A limited number of tickets will be sold. Tickets may be purchased in the International Office, Farber 132, by telephone 417.455.5550, or email: SarahHorine@Crowder.edu