Roughrider eNews – May 14, 2018
- Spring 2018 Finals begin today!
- Enrollment for Summer & Fall is OPEN. Check out the schedule at: https://my.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next
- Graduation is May 19 in Bob Sneller Gymnasium on the Neosho campus. Ceremonies are as scheduled: 10am – General Studies majors; and 1pm for all other degrees. Rehearsal is at 2pm on Thursday, May 17, in the Wright Conference Center. For more information go to: https://www.crowder.edu/services/records/graduation/ Congratulations graduates!
- Book Buyback is open May 14 – June 1. Earn up to 50% on qualifying books. Sell your books back at any location (Neosho, Cassville, Nevada, Webb City & McDonald County)
- Summer classes begin June 4. [Link has been archived]
- The Roughrider Baseball team finished the season 46-15 and runner-up in Region 16. Congratulations on a great season! #GoRoughriders!
- The Roughrider Softball team had 7 players named to the Region 16 team and 4 players named to the All-Tournament team. Those players named to the Region 16 team include: Daryan Torix, Kristen Wade, Kenzie Kallio, Kenzi Spurgin, Maddie Massanelli, Baylor Miles & Eila Infante. All-Tournament team includes: Maddie Brown, Makaila Leonhart, Lexi McClellan & Maggy Rieschick. Congratulations on a great season! #GoRoughriders!
- Sophomore Soccer players who are going on to play at the next level include: Daniel Ost (Brazil) – Mid-America Nazarene University; Andrew Browning (Grand Cayman)– Viterbo University; Eloi Bassene (Hyattsville, MD) – Indiana Tech; Joe Mbaye (Senegal) – University of Providence; Leo Mueller (Brazil) – Oklahoma Wesleyan University; Enrique Guadarrama (Springdale, AR) – Ecclesia College
- Sophomore Basketball players who are going on to play at the next level include: Michaela Mack (Edmond, OK) – Newman University; Zahria White (Midwest City, OK) – Southwest Baptist University; Tori Coulter (Colcord, OK)- Northwestern Oklahoma State University; Morgan Crawford (Oklahoma City, OK) – Oklahoma Baptist University; Coley Ickes (Rocky Comfort, MO) – Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Monday Night, May 14, Campus Life will be serving all students a free breakfast in the Dining Hall on the Neosho campus from 9-10pm.
- Summer production, Jeeves at Sea, will be held today, Friday, June 1 & Saturday, June 2 at 7:30pm with a matinee on Sunday, June 3 at 2pm, in the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus. Admission is $8-adults; $5-senior citizens; and $4-students.
- Community Education classes are available in a variety of topics on the Neosho campus. For a complete listing go to: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- Basic Motorcycle Rider Course is available on the weekends. Check out the schedule at: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/
- The Longwell Museum will have nationally-known Doug Hall artwork on display April 24-June 1. The Museum hours are 9am-6:30pm, Mon-Fri. Special opening on graduation, May 19, 11am-3pm. The museum will be closed weekends and holidays unless otherwise noted. For more information about Doug Hall please visit: doughallfineart.com
- Camp AMPED (Advanced Manufacturing Product Entrepreneurial Design) will be held June 18-29, for girls and boys ages 14-16, 8:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri. Camp AMPED is designed to help inspire the next generation of inventors, engineers, entrepreneurs and manufacturers. Register or find at more at: https://www.crowder.edu/business-community/grants/amped-campwww.crowder.edu/grants/amped-camp
Last Updated on October 22, 2020 by Steven Brunson