Roughrider eNews – April 9, 2018
- Summer and Fall Priority Enrollment begins April 16 for those with 28+ hours completed; April 19 for those with 1-27 hours. Open enrollment begins April 30. Check out the schedule at: https://my.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next
- Various colleges will be on campus with transfer information. Please check your student email for dates and colleges that will be on campus. This is provided via the Career & Transfer Services Office: 417.455.5618 or AbbyTribble@Crowder.edu
- Spring Career Fair will be held Tuesday, April 10, 9am-2:30pm, Wright Conference Center inside the Arnold Farber building. Students may visit with area employers about career opportunities. Businesses may register to set up a table at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScG0qLuCUQ_5bqpyUVgF-rfMIkWMUYPpI4sV2ulN2HsSuQmuQ/viewform For more information contact Abby Tribble at: 417.455.5618 or email: AbbyTribble@Crowder.edu
- Graduation is May 19 in Bob Sneller Gymnasium on the Neosho campus. Ceremonies are as scheduled: 10am – General Studies majors; and 1pm for all other degrees. For more information go to: https://www.crowder.edu/services/records/graduation/ Congratulations graduates!
- The Roughrider Baseball team is currently ranked #11 in NJCAA Division I. The team is 30-9 on the season and will play at home Saturday, April 14, 1pm. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Softball team are now 35-10 on the season. They will play at home Tuesday, April 10, at 2 & 4pm and April 15, starting at 2pm. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/sball/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Soccer team had their first spring scrimmage this weekend in Springfield under new head coach, Steven Harrison. They will scrimmage at home on April 21 at 2pm. Check out their schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/msoc/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Baseball team will partner with the Maddox Hill Behavior Support Center to bring the 2nd Annual Autism Awareness game April 14, prior to the 1pm start. Concession/food truck will be available. All gate proceeds will be donated to the Maddox Hill Center. Special Autism jerseys will be sold to highest bidder after the game.
- A tribute to Mort Walker, creator of Beetle Bailey, will be held Thursday, April 12, at noon with speaking to begin at 12:20pm, Wright Conference Center located inside the Arnold Farber building.
- The Central Ozark Conference will have an art exhibit in The Longwell Museum, March 27-April 15. The museum is open to the public from 9:00am-6:30pm Monday-Friday.
- Community Education classes are available in a variety of topics on the Neosho campus. For a complete listing go to: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- Fine Arts Week, April 23-28. Activities will include: Graphic Design presentations (April 23, 25 in Newton Hall Room 329 and April 24, 26 in Webb City-Hickey Bldg Room 115); Doug Hall Q&A with Casey Smith (April 24, 2-4pm in The Longwell Museum); Theatre Workshop (April 25, 9am-2pm in the Elsie Plaster Center); Painting activity/demo (April 26, 9am-noon in Newton Hall Room 200A); Debate with Kristen Stout (April 26 at 1pm in Elsie Plaster Auditorium); Music Presentation (April 27 at 11am in Elsie Plaster Auditorium); and Princess Plays (April 28 at 10am & 2pm in the Elsie Plaster Auditorium). These events are free and open to the public.
- The Theatre Department presents The Princess Plays, Saturday, April 28, 10am & 2pm, in the Elsie Plaster Community Center. Tickets are: $5 adults; $3 children. For more information go contact the Theatre dept. at 417.455.5458.
- The MARET Center will host workshops for interested community members on Residential Wind-April 12 & 19; Sustainable Living Home Visit. Cost is $40 per the 2-workshop series or purchase both for $75. Home tour is $25. Space is limited, so pre-registration is required. For more information call 417.455.5422 or email: MARET@Crowder.edu
- Crowder Foundation will host Roughrider Car Show & Kids Karnival, Saturday, April 28, 10am-3pm. Join us as we showcase many of the area’s finest vehicles. Fun activities planned for kids include bounce houses, carnival games, pony rides, Cruise with a Cop, Ride a Big Rig, and Faithful Friends Petting Pals with puppies, kittens, cats & dogs! For more information or to register your car go to: https://www.crowder.edu/foundation/events/
- The Lee Library will host an Author Symposium, May 2. For more information or to register go to: [URL DEPRECATED]
- The Vet Tech program has Pets for Adoption. Check out the available pets: https://www.crowder.edu/academics/departments/agriculture/vet-tech/pet-adoption/
Last Updated on April 9, 2018 by Steven Brunson