Roughrider eNews – March 5, 2018
Spring Break is March 12-16 – No Classes, but campus is OPEN March 12-15, campus closed Friday, March 16.
- Enrollment for spring 2018 2nd 8 week classes is still open. 2nd 8 week classes begin March 19, 2018.
- Revisions have been made to the Spring 2018 Academic calendar: [Link has been archived]
- The Educational Opportunity Center will help you complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Make an appointment: eoc@Crowder.edu; call 417.455.5475 or stop by an EOC Office at Neosho, Cassville, Webb City, and McDonald County.
- Graduation & Transfer Fairs will be held this Spring as follows:
o Neosho: Tuesday, March 6 from 11:00 AM—2:00 PM (Wright Conference Center)
o Webb City: Wednesday, March 21 from 10:00 AM—1:00 PM (Hickey Building)
o Nevada: Tuesday, March 27 from 10:00 AM—1:00 PM
o McDonald County: Wednesday, March 28 from 11:00 AM—2:00 PM
Information about scholarships, programs/majors, housing, club & organizations, as well as important deadlines will be available.
- The Roughrider Basketball team ended their season as Region 16 Runner-Up this past weekend. The Roughriders lost to undefeated Moberly, who is currently ranked #4 in the country. Great season!
- The Roughrider Baseball team is currently ranked #2 in NJCAA Division I. The team is 12-4 on the season with their next home series scheduled for doubleheaders, Saturday, Mar. 10, 1pm & Sunday, Mar. 11, noon. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Softball team are now 12-2 on the season. They will play at home on March 8, 2pm. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/sball/2017-18/schedule
- Campus Life & International Programs have partnered to present Coco, March 6, 6pm in the Elsie Plaster Auditorium. Free admission to students. Popcorn and Activities provided.
- Auditions for the Children’s show will be held March 7 & 8, 3-6pm, in the Elsie Plaster Center on the Neosho campus. Cold read & Improv. For more information email: Theatre@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5470
- The Neosho School Art Exhibit will be on display in the Longwell Museum located inside the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus. The exhibit runs March 6-21. Artwork will be from high school, junior high and middle school students. The museum is open to the public from 9:30-6:30 Monday-Friday.
- Community Education classes are available in a variety of topics on the Neosho campus. For a complete listing go to: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- The International Club is hosting an “International Dining Experience” as a fundraiser for the group March 5, 6pm. The evening will include an authentic Venezuelan meal prepared by students. A limited number of tickets are available. For more information go to:https://www.crowder.edu/2018/02/14/20137/
or contact Sarah Horine at: SarahHorine@Crowder.edu 417.455.5550
- Crowder Theatre presents The Shape of Things, March 22-24, 7:30pm nightly + 2pm matinee on Saturday, March 24. Reservations are required. Call 417.455.5458.
- 49th Annual Aggie Day is March 22. The Speaking Contests will be held March 8.
- The MARET Center will host workshops for interested community members on Residential Solar-March 22 & 29; Residential Wind-April 12 & 19; Sustainable Living Home Visit. Cost is $40 per the 2-workshop series or purchase both for $75. Home tour is $25. Space is limited, so pre-registration is required. For more information call 417.455.5422 or email:MARET@Crowder.edu
- Annual High School Business Competition will be held Wednesday, March 28.
- Friends of the Lee Library Book Sale will be held April 3-5, in Wright Conference Center on the Neosho campus. Donations of used books may be dropped off at the Lee Library. For more information contact Eric Deatherage, Library Director, 417.455.5610.
- Need a place to sell your stuff? Parking spaces will be sold for those who wish to participate in the 30th Annual Neosho City Wide Garage Sale. Registration may be made at Crowder College Bookstore or by email to: CampusLife@Crowder.edu attached for your convenience.
- The Crowder Foundation will host the Roughrider Car Show Saturday, April 28, 10am-3pm. For more information or to register your car go to:https://www.crowder.edu/foundation/events/
- The Lee Library will host an Author Symposium, May 2. For more information or to register go to: [LINK HAS BEEN ARCHIVED]
Last Updated on March 5, 2018 by Steven Brunson