Roughrider eNews – February 20, 2018
- Enrollment for spring 2018 2nd 8 week classes is still open. 2nd 8 week classes begin March 19, 2018.
- Revisions have been made to the Spring 2018 Academic calendar: [Link has been archived]
- The Educational Opportunity Center will help you complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Make an appointment: eoc@Crowder.edu; call 417.455.5475 or stop by an EOC Office at Neosho, Cassville, Webb City, and McDonald County.
- Graduation & Transfer Fairs will be held this Spring as follows:
o Cassville: Thursday, March 1 from 11:00 AM—2:00 PM (Administration Building)
o Neosho: Tuesday, March 6 from 11:00 AM—2:00 PM (Wright Conference Center)
o Webb City: Wednesday, March 21 from 10:00 AM—1:00 PM (Hickey Building)
o Nevada: Tuesday, March 27 from 10:00 AM—1:00 PM
o McDonald County: Wednesday, March 28 from 11:00 AM—2:00 PM
Information about scholarships, programs/majors, housing, club & organizations, as well as important deadlines will be available.
- Congratulations to the 2018 Spring Phi Theta Kappa inductees! PTK is the world’s largest and most prestigious honor society for two-year college students. To be invited to join a student must completed 12 hours and have a 3.5gpa or higher.
- The Roughrider Basketball team is now 20-9 on the season. The Roughriders earned the #3 seed will host a 1st round Region 16 tournament game Tuesday, Feb. 27, 7pm, vs. Jeff Co. A win will allow them to continue in the tournament on Thursday, March 1, 3pm at Lincoln University in Jefferson City. Check out the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Baseball team is currently ranked #2 in NJCAA Division I. The team is 9-1 on the season with their next home series scheduled for today, Monday, Feb. 26, 1pm. They are on the road Tuesady, Feb. 27 and back home for a 4-game series this weekend, March 3-4. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Softball team are now 10-2 on the season. They will play at home on March 8, 2pm. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/sball/2017-18/schedule
- Black History month is February and the Campus Life group has the final film rescheduled for Thursday, March 1 at 6pm in the Fireside Room in the Student Center on the Neosho campus. This event is free and open to students and staff.
- The Neosho School Art Exhibit will be on display in the Longwell Museum located inside the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus. The exhibit runs March 6-21. Artwork will be from high school, junior high and middle school students. The museum is open to the public from 9:30-6:30 Monday-Friday.
- Community Education classes are available in a variety of topics on the Neosho campus. For a complete listing go to: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- Crowder Theatre will host the MSHSAA District qualifying tournament Feb. 27 in the Elsie Plaster Community Center.
- The International Club is hosting an “International Dining Experience” as a fundraiser for the group March 5, 6pm. The evening will include an authentic Venezuelan meal prepared by students. A limited number of tickets are available. For more information go to: https://www.crowder.edu/2018/02/14/20137/ or contact Sarah Horine at: SarahHorine@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5550
- Crowder Theatre presents The Shape of Things, March 22-24, 7:30pm nightly + 2pm matinee on Saturday, March 24. Reservations are required. Call 417.455.5458.
- 49th Annual Aggie Day is March 22. The Speaking Contests will be held March 8.
- The MARET Center will host workshops for interested community members on Residential Solar-March 22 & 29; Residential Wind-April 12 & 19; Sustainable Living Home Visit. Cost is $40 per the 2-workshop series or purchase both for $75. Home tour is $25. Space is limited, so pre-registration is required. For more information call 417.455.5422 or email: MARET@Crowder.edu
- Annual High School Business Competition will be held Wednesday, March 28.
- Friends of the Lee Library Book Sale will be held April 3-5, in Wright Conference Center on the Neosho campus. Donations of used books may be dropped off at the Lee Library. For more information contact Eric Deatherage, Library Director, 417.455.5610.
- The Crowder Foundation will host the Roughrider Car Show Saturday, April 28, 10am-3pm. For more information or to register your car go to: https://www.crowder.edu/foundation/events/
- The Lee Library will host an Author Symposium, May 2. For more information or to register go to: https://www.crowder.edu/academics/lee-library/authorsymposium/