eNews – November 6, 2017
- Priority enrollment for Spring 2018 begins Nov. 13 for sophomores with 28+ hours and Nov. 16 for Freshmen with 1-27 hours. Open enrollment will begin Nov. 27. Watch for Spring schedule: https://my.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next
- The college will be closed for the Thanksgiving break Nov. 22-26. We will reopen normal hours on Monday Nov. 27 which is the first day of Open Enrollment.
- Finals week: Dec. 11-14
- Fall commencement ceremony will be held Sat. Dec. 16, 10am in the Bob Sneller Gymnasium.
- The Roughrider Women’s Basketball team is now 3-0 on the season. Next home game is Tuesday, Nov. 14 at 6pm. For a complete game schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/schedule
- Congratulations to Daniel Ost being named to the 1st team Region 16 Soccer team. He was also nominated by the Region 16 Coaches for NJCAA All-American. Way to go Daniel!
- Career Prep Chat on Thursday, Nov. 9. We will have a guest from Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. on the Neosho campus to visit with students about interview strategies, resume’ tips, and entering the workforce from college.
- 9-10AM – Fireside Room in Student Center
- 1-2PM – Fireside Room in Student Center
- Crowder College Technical Education Center will be hosting 8th Grade Day Camps, Nov. 14 & 15. Students from area Jr. High Schools in Newton & McDonald County are given the opportunity to see the programs they have available in high school.
- Community Education classes have been scheduled for the fall semester in Neosho. These short workshops are for community members as they are geared towards hobbies and special interests. See a complete list of classes, dates, times and cost at: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- The Vet Tech program has three wonderful young kitties who need forever homes! They are all about 6-7 months of age, spayed or neutered, fully vaccinated, and are litter box trained. We prefer that they are adopted to inside homes. They will be ready to go home the afternoon of November 16th and must have homes by the 21st, since there won’t be students on campus to care for them over the Thanksgiving break. They all have great personalities! https://www.crowder.edu/academics/departments/agriculture/vet-tech/pet-adoption/
- 1 in 500 chance to Win a Honda Fit. Tickets are $50 each with only 135 remaining of the 500 being sold! Drawing will take place at the 15th Annual Festival of Wreaths, Nov. 14. Purchase tickets online: winahondafit.com or call the Foundation Office at 417.455.5646.
- 15th Annual Festival of Wreaths, Nov. 14. Doors open at 4pm – Silent auction; 6:30pm – Live auction. This is the single largest scholarship fundraising event for the Foundation. Find out more: https://501auctions.com/festivalofwreaths
Last Updated on November 6, 2017 by Cindy