eNews – September 18, 2017
- Enroll in 2nd 8 week classes which start October 16: https://my.www.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next
- Roughrider Soccer team is now 3-3-1. They will play at home Tues., Sept. 19 & Sept. 26 at 4pm vs Cowley & Jefferson, respectively. For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/msoc/2017-18/schedule
- Crowder Baseball 2017 Skills Showcase Camps – October 1 or October 29. Open to players in grades 9-12, 10am starts. Cost is $100 per player per session. Each session is limited to 60 players. Recruiting videos will be produced for an additional fee. To register go to: http://www.crowderbaseballcamps.com/skills-and-showcase-camp.cfm
- Constitution Day, Monday, Sept. 18, 12:30-1:45pm, Wright Conference Center. This year’s annual Constitution Day event will focus on the process of redistricting that can often favor a controlling party – a process known as Gerrymandering. Crowder Debate Students will weigh the merits of taking the redistricting process out of the hands of elected officials and placing it in the hands of non-, or bi-, partisan commissions. Contact is Keith Zoromski, Social Science Division Chair, KeithZoromski@Crowder.edu
- Joshua Knott Exhibit in Longwell Museum, Aug. 17-Oct 12, 9am-6:30pm, M-F. Artist reception Oct. 6, 5-7pm. Artist statement: Art and life both happen in fragments. For me, the process of making art is the act of reconfiguring those fragments. The exhibit is free and open to the public.
- Free Alternative Energy workshops for anyone interested in solar and wind energy. You may attend 1 or all sessions, Thursday evenings from 6:30-8pm in the MARET Center. Workshops include:
- Sept 21 – Energy Audit
- Sept 28 – Residential Wind Power
- Oct 5 – Residential Solar Power
- Oct 12 – Renewable Energy Forum – Open house with vendors in the alternative energy field
Space is Limited so we ask you to register by calling: 417.455.5422
- Community Education classes have been scheduled for the fall semester in Neosho. These short workshops are for community members as they are geared towards hobbies and special interests. See a complete list of classes, dates, times and cost at: https://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- The Agriculture Department will host a Veterans Dinner, Thursday, Sept. 21, 6pm on the Quad on the Neosho campus. All areas veterans are invited to attend. For more information call 417.455.5720.
- Win a Honda Fit raffle for the 15th Annual Festival of Wreaths. Tickets are $50 each with only 500 being sold! Drawing will take place at the 15th Annual Festival of Wreaths, Nov. 14. Purchase tickets online: winahondafit.com or call the Foundation Office at 417.455.5646.
- 28th Annual Scholarship Banquet will be held Monday, October 9, Bob Sneller Gymnasium. Annually the Foundation holds the event inviting scholarship donors and recipients. If you would like to become a scholarship donor please visit with our Foundation Office at: 417.455.5646
- Mark your calendar for the 15th Annual Festival of Wreaths, Nov. 14. This is the single largest fundraising event for the Foundation. Watch for more information or call: 417.455.5646
Last Updated on September 18, 2017 by Cindy