eNews –August 7, 2017
- Enroll for Fall NOW. Courses are available for viewing online: https://my.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next
- NEW Students should register for Start Smart 2017. This is a short informational event for you and your family, held at each campus, to provide a jump start on the semester. Registration is available at: https://www.crowder.edu/admissions/getting-started/
- Enrollment is NOW OPEN for the Joplin Advanced Training & Technology Center classes which will start August 21.
- Programs currently accepting application for Fall 2017 include:
- Paramedic: https://www.crowder.edu/academics/departments/allied-health/paramedic/
- The Nursing Programs in Neosho & Cassville are accepting application through August 15 for Spring 2018.
- Roughrider Soccer will scrimmage Houston Fury Tuesday, August 8 at 4pm. Home opener will be Saturday, August 26 at 2pm vs. Rose State. For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/msoc/2017-18/schedule
- Crowder Baseball 2017 Skills Showcase Camps – October 1 or October 29. Open to players in grades 9-12, 10am starts. Cost is $100 per player per session. Each session is limited to 60 players. Recruiting videos will be produced for an additional fee. To register go to: http://www.crowderbaseballcamps.com/skills-and-showcase-camp.cfm
- Solar Eclipse activities on the Quad on the Neosho campus, August 21, starting at 12:45pm. MARET Staff will be on hand with some information about eclipses and Campus Life will provide glasses for viewing and snacks.
- Welcome Week activities on the Neosho campus – Vendor Fair, Wednesday, August 23, 10am-2pm near the Tatum Bell Tower. Area businesses may reserve a table by contacting our Campus Life Office at: 417.455.5644 or email: CampusLife@Crowder.edu
- Check out all the activities planned as we welcome students back to school. https://www.facebook.com/CrowderCollegeCampusLife
- Crowder Aggies 5th Annual Scholarship Rodeo, August 18 & 19, 8pm nightly, Roughrider Arena, 608 Field Ave, Neosho. Mutton bustin’ will start at 7:30pm. Advanced tickets may be purchased at the Crowder Bookstore: $10 for adults & $8 for children ages 6-12. Tickets available at the gate for an additional $2 each. Special performances by “The One Armed Bandit” and we welcome back Mike “Goobie” Smith. For more information call 417.455.5720.
- Early Learning Center at Crowder – ENROLL NOW. Children ages 3-5 (potty trained) may attend. Tuition is $10 per session with the following options: 5 days a week (M-F) $50 week (AM or PM session); 3 days a week (MWF) $30 week (AM or PM session); 2 days a week (TTh) $20 week (AM or PM session). AM session – 8:30-11am; PM session – 12:30-3pm. The Early Learning Center is located in Smith Hall on the Crowder College campus in Neosho. For more information call 417.455.5596 or email: Preschool@Crowder.edu
- Silver Follies will be “Making Waves”, Aug. 11-12, 7pm nightly and Sunday, Aug. 13 at 2pm. Silver Follies is a group of area senior citizens who participate in putting on an annual stage production at the college. Tickets are available at the door: $5 General Admission; Ages 12 & under are free. For more information call: Linda Rasmussen at 417.389.2454 or Bernadine Sprenkle at 417.472.6249.
- Auditions for “Dracula” directed by Ben Davies will be held August 28 & 29, 5:30-7pm. Cold read. The production will be October 19-21, 7:30pm nightly. For more information contact our Theatre Department at 417.455.5458.
- The Roy Blunt Center for Missouri Alternative & Renewable Energy Technology (MARET) naming dedication ceremony will be held Friday, September 1, 10am on the Neosho campus.
- Annual Foundation meeting will be held August 14, 5:30pm, Wright Conference Center inside the Arnold Farber building. For more information call 417.455.5522.
Last Updated on August 7, 2017 by Steven Brunson