July 21, 2022
For Immediate Release
Office of Public Information
RE: Education program “2+2” agreement between Crowder and MSSU
Joplin, MO – Administration from Crowder College and Missouri Southern State University took part in a signing event to formally declare a “2+2” education pathway for students. This project was the collaboration of both education divisions at the institutions.
“Anytime we can provide a seamless transition for students it is a win,” stated Dr. Katricia Pierson, Crowder College President. “Our Education program has worked diligently to insure students are able t transition to the university at a junior level upon graduation from Crowder.”
A student who completes their Associate of Art Teaching degree at Crowder will have the following opportunities at MSSU:
• Elementary (Grades 1-6) and Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 3)
• Elementary (1-6) and Special Education (K-12)
• Elementary (1-6) and English Language Learner (K-12)
• Middle School (5-9) in English, Math, Science or Social Studies
• Secondary (9-12) in Business, Social Science (History Emphasis), or Social Science (International and Political Affairs Emphasis)
• Physical Education (K-12)
• Spanish (K-12)
Crowder College’s Education Division Chair, Heidi Gilligan and Instructor, Aaron Sumler, were instrumental in making this agreement happen.
Last Updated on July 21, 2022 by Cindy