Crowder College Roughrider eNews – March 9, 2020
Happy Spring Break! The college is open M-T, Closed Friday, March 13.
- Enrollment in 2nd 8 week which begin March 16. For a listing of available courses go to: https://my.www.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next and select 2020 – Spring Term – 2nd 8 Weeks
- Spring break is March 9-13. College office will be open except Friday, March 13. Enjoy your spring break!
- The Educational Opportunity Center can assist students with the FAFSA renewal process. Offices are located at the Neosho, Cassville, Webb City, and Joplin ATTC campuses. For an appointment call: 417-455-5475.
- Transfer visits. Free to current students wanting to check out what area universities have to offer. For more information contact Jamie Stanley, Student Success Center (1st floor McDonald Hall) on the Neosho campus, 417.455.5616 or email: JamieStanley@Crowder.edu Here are the spring 2020 campus visits:
- Friday, March 27 Missouri State University
- Friday, April 3 Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Women’s Basketball team wrapped up the season 15-16. Congratulations to the following players earning All-Region 16 honors: Fiona Wilson, 1st team; Makayla White, 2nd
- eSports is currently 29-19 with FIFA undefeated vs. other colleges. Games for spring include: Super Smash Brothers, FIFA 2020, Rocket League, and Overwatch. You may watch the games live on Tues, Wed, Thurs evenings at 6pm on Twitch.tv/roughridersesports. For match schedules go to: https://njcaa.leaguespot.gg/organizations/c6a82b58-fef9-4b67-bba5-9a21aec9462c
- Baseball is now 19-2 on the season and ranked #3 in NJCAA polls. They will play at home March 10, 2pm, then March 13-14 vs. Jefferson, starting at 1pm on Friday and noon on Saturday. For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/bsb/2019-20/schedule
- Softball is now 22-2 on the season and ranked #17 in NJCAA polls. They will play at home, Tues., March 10, 2pm vs. Labette. For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/sball/2019-20/schedule
Campus Events (Neosho campus unless noted)
- International program will celebrate Holi, A Festival of Color, to celebrate the awakening of spring, Tuesday, March 17, 11am-1pm. Free t-shirts and color packets while supplies last. Campus Life will have music. This event is free for students and staff. The Dining Hall will also be preparing international cuisine that day. Meal may be purchased. For more information contact Sarah Horine, 417.455.5550 or email: SarahHorine@Crowder.edu
- A Jack Henry representative will be on campus to discuss employment options March 19 at 9am and then again at 1pm in Wright Conference Center, Room B. Anyone interested in learning about the opportunities at Jack Henry is encouraged to attend.
- Crowder Theatre presents She Kills Monsters, March 19-21, 7:30pm nightly, plus 2pm matinee on Saturday, March 21.
- Vet Tech has dogs & cats for adoption. See the wonderful pets available: https://www.crowder.edu/academics/departments/agriculture/vet-tech/pet-adoption/
- Business Contest is March 25 for area high school students.
- 51st Aggie Day is March 26. Area high school FFA will be competing.
- Friends of the Library Book sale, April 22-24. The group is taking donations of books. Please contact the Lee Library with donation. 417.455.5775.
- Will you be 1 in 500? This is a new campaign for scholarship dollars in an effort to raise $500,000 in new endowments. For more information go to: www.crowder.edu/foundation/events or call 417.455.5646.
- Suspects & Sleuths “A Dinner Party to Die For” presented by RE Smith Construction will be April 24 & 25, 6pm each evening at Hidden Grace Venue, 11936 Hammer Road, Neosho, MO. Tickets are $50 per person, $300 per reserved table of 6. Kentucky Derby attire is encouraged. 4-course dinner with wine pull and audience participation. Limited seating, so make reservations today: 417.455.5646.
- Crowder College has some great job opportunities. Check out the openings: www.crowder.edu/employment
Full-time openings include: Office Manager – Joplin Advanced Training and Technology Center, Director of IT Infrastructure, Manager of IS Security Services, Manager of IT User Services, IS Technical Liaison, Administrative Assistant – Physical Plant, CAMP Recruiter/Advisor, Construction Instructor, Associate Vice President of Finance/Controller, Welding Instructor, Computer Technology Instructor, Counselor, and
Physical Sciences Instructor
Part-time openings include: Information Desk Attendant and Transport Training instructor
Adjunct instructor openings at: Neosho, Cassville, Joplin ATTC, McDonald County, Nevada & Webb City
Last Updated on March 9, 2020 by Steven Brunson