Crowder College Roughrider eNews – February 24, 2020
- Enrollment in 2nd 8 week which begin March 16. For a listing of available courses go to: https://my.www.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next and select 2020 – Spring Term – 2nd 8 Weeks
- Spring break is March 9-13. College office will be open except Friday, March 13. Enjoy your spring break!
- The Educational Opportunity Center can assist students with the FAFSA renewal process. Offices are located at the Neosho, Cassville, Webb City, and Joplin ATTC campuses. For an appointment call: 417-455-5475.
- Transfer visits. Free to current students wanting to check out what area universities have to offer. For more information contact Jamie Stanley, Student Success Center (1st floor McDonald Hall) on the Neosho campus, 417.455.5616 or email: JamieStanley@Crowder.edu Here are the spring 2020 campus visits:
- Friday, February 28 University of Arkansas
- Friday, March 6 Pittsburg State University
- Friday, March 27 Missouri State University
- Friday, April 3 Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Women’s Basketball team is now 15-15 on the season. They will play at Jefferson Tues, Feb 25, 5pm in the first round of the Region 16 tournament. For complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2019-20/schedule
- eSports is off to a good start with wins this past week. Games for spring include: Super Smash Brothers, FIFA 2020, Rocket League, and Overwatch. You may watch the games live on Tues, Wed, Thurs evenings at 6pm on Twitch.tv/roughridersesports. For more information email: eSports@Crowder.edu or call 417.455.5453
- Baseball is now 6-1 on the season. They will play at Labette Wed., Feb. 2, 1pm, at home on Fri., Feb. 28, 1&4pm, Sat. Feb. 29 vs. Indian Hills, 1&3:30pm. For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/bsb/2019-20/schedule
- Softball is now 9-1 on the season. They will also play at Neosho County, Tues., Feb. 25, 2&4pm, Fri., Feb. 28, vs. Southern AR@Hot Springs, 1&3pm, and Sat. Feb. 29, at National Park College, noon & 2pm. For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/sball/2019-20/schedule
Campus Events (Neosho campus unless noted)
- Campus Life will present movies each Tuesday in February as part of Black History month. Free popcorn, drinks and candy to attendees. Event will start at 6pm in the Fireside Room on the Neosho campus as follows:
- 25 – Harriet
- American Red Cross Blood Drive, Feb. 27, 10am-2pm, in the Student Center on the Neosho campus.
- Engineering Day contest is Wed., Feb. 26. Approximately 139 high school students grades 9-12 will be competing in 12 contests.
- Crowder Agriculture Division will host FFA Speaking contests Thurs., March 5, in the afternoon.
- Crowder Theatre presents She Kills Monsters, March 19-21, 7:30pm nightly, plus 2pm matinee on Saturday, March 21.
- Vet Tech has dogs & cats for adoption. See the wonderful pets available: https://www.crowder.edu/academics/departments/agriculture/vet-tech/pet-adoption/
- Giving League is made up of employees who donate to the Crowder Foundation. An appreciation lunch will be held Thursday, Feb. 27, 11:30am-1:30pm in Wright Conference Center.
- Suspects & Sleuths “A Dinner Party to Die For” presented by RE Smith Construction will be April 24 & 25, 6pm each evening at Hidden Grace Venue, 11936 Hammer Road, Neosho, MO. Tickets are $50 per person, $300 per reserved table of 6. Kentucky Derby attire is encouraged. 4-course dinner with wine pull and audience participation. Limited seating, so make reservations today: 417.455.5646.
- Crowder College has some great job opportunities. Check out the openings: www.crowder.edu/employment
Full-time openings include: Counselor, Associate Vice President of Finance/Controller; Instructors for: Physical Sciences, Computer Technology, Welding and Construction
Part-time openings include: Information Desk Attendant, Bookstore Clerk-Cassville, and Transport Training instructor
Adjunct instructor openings at: Neosho, Cassville, McDonald County, Nevada & Webb City
Last Updated on February 25, 2020 by Steven Brunson