eNews – Monday, Sept. 17, 2018
- You may still enroll in 2nd 8 week classes.
- Roughrider Soccer team is now 3-2-1 on the season. They play away Sept. 18 & 23 and will play at home on Tuesday, Sept. 25 @ 4pm. #GoRoughriders!
- Groundbreaking for the new Freeman Roughrider Fieldhouse Monday, Sept. 24, 1pm, located at the north end of the gym parking lot.
- Constitution Week is Sept. 17-21. Several events and activities throughout the week include:
- Monday, Sept. 17, 12:30-1:45pm in Wright Conference Center– General Assembly Candidate Forum
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, 12:45-1:45pm in McDonald Hall Room #254 – Constitutional Debate “Should Super PAC’s Be Banned?”
- Wednesday, Sept. 18, 9am-2pm in the Fireside Room – Voter Registration
- Thursday, Sept. 20, 12:45-1:45pm in Wright Conference Center – Constitutional Debate “Employment and the 1st Amendment”
- Movie Nights in the Fireside Room at 6pm each night;
- 9/17 – Amistad
- 9/18 – Lincoln
- 9/19 – Free States of Jones
- 9/20 – Bridge of Spies
- Community Choir is open to anyone (student or community member). Rehearsals are at 7pm on Monday evenings in Elsie Plaster Room 124. This year’s choir will perform a Christmas Cantata. For more information contact Becky Shaw @ 417.455.5634 or email: BeckyShaw@Crowder.edu
- Wellness Week is Sept. 24-27. Check out the activities: www.crowder.edu/wellness-week
There are many FREE activities as well as giveaways! (printable schedule attached)
- Dutch Language learning – meets on Tuesdays at 2:30pm in Farber room 156. Each semester the International Program Coordinator, Sarah Horine, offers a free opportunity to learn conversational use of a new language. For more information contact: SarahHorine@Crowder.edu
- Rowdy the Roughrider mascot tryouts will be held this week. If you want to tryout email: Rowdy@Crowder.edu before Sept. 19.
- The Agriculture Division will host its annual Veterans Dinner Thursday, Sept. For more information contact the Ag Department at 417.455.5720.
- Theatre Department presents stage readings of A Father’s Trial, Sept. 29 & 30. Watch for more information next week!
- Smith & Smith Art Exhibit, Oct 2-19, in the Longwell Museum inside the Elsie Plaster Community Center.
Last Updated on September 17, 2018 by Cindy