Crowder College students will start classes Monday, August 20, with activities planned starting Friday, August 17 with two Start Smart Sessions.
Start Smart is an event for first-time students and their parents. Items covered will be accessing Crowder’s technology, what to expect your first semester and a faculty panel for students and parents. Students were encouraged to register for either the 9am or 1pm session on Friday or a 1pm session on Saturday, August 18.
Residence Hall move-in begins Saturday and Sunday, August 18 & 19. Students will check in at either Brown Residence Hall or Roughrider Village to pick-up their room packets. Many employees are on hand assisting with move-in and to welcome both new and returning students.
The 6th Annual Roughrider Rodeo for Scholarships will be held August 17 & 18, starting with mutton bustin’ at 7pm and the rodeo following at 7:30pm. Advance tickets are available through Friday at the Crowder College Bookstore.
Campus Life has several activities planned for the first two weeks of classes. The activities include:
- Monday, August 20 – First day of classes
- Tuesday, August 21 – noon to 1pm – Ice Cream Social in the Student Center
- Wednesday, August 22 – 10am-2pm; BSU Cookout and Vendor Fair on the Quad
- Thursday, August 23 – 7:30-9:30 – Free Pool Night at the YMCA for students & families
- Monday, August 27 – 2:30pm – Student Government Association
- Tuesday, August 28 – 7-10pm – Free Bowling for Students at Edgewood Bowl
- Wednesday, August 29 – noon-1pm – Free Pizza in the Student Center
- Thursday, August 30 – 7-9pm – Free skating for students at Skateland
Various clubs and organizations will solicit students during the Vendor Fair to encourage new members for the upcoming semester.
Campus Life works hard to bring activities that will both interest and entertain students throughout the year.
Last Updated on August 16, 2018 by Cindy