The Crowder College Theatre Department will present The Shape of Things, by Neil LaBute, March 22-24, 7:30pm nightly plus a 2pm matinee on Saturday in the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus.
The production is directed by NaTasha O’Brien Davies. Davies is the Theatre Department Director and one of five directors for the 2017-18 season. Cast members and crew for the production are as follows:
- Evelyn Ann Thompson – Madison Dunkle (Diamond)
- Adam Sorenson – Brandon McQueen (Joplin)
- Jenny – EmmaLee Waterman (Carthage)
- Philip – Jordan J. Jones (Niamey, Niger)
- Director – NaTasha J. Davies (Goodman)
- Assistant Director – Caitlin Barker (Neosho)
- Tech Director – Ben C. Davies (Goodman)
- Costume Design – Amy Leyva (Seneca)
- Hair and Makeup Design – Sarah Swayne (Aurora)
- Light Operator – Drew Moore (Carthage)
- Sound Operator – Jonah Drake (Granby)
- Run Crew – Austin Fogg (Greenfield), James Compton (Stella), Sarah Swayne (Aurora)
- Shop Foreman – Monty Pugh-Towe (Granby)
- Scene Shop Apprentice – James Compton (Stella)
“This production has been a new kind of challenge and definitely an experiment on all counts. Not only are we in a new space, we’re also trying our hand at environmental theater,” stated NaTasha O’Brien Davies, Theatre Director.
This performance requires reservations as it is being held in a newly built “black box theater”. A black box theater or experimental theater consists of a simple, unadorned performance space that has large black walls and a flat floor.
Tickets are available at the door: $8-General Admission; $5–Senior Citizens/Children; $4-Crowder Students/Staff, Free-Campus Residents. The production is rated PG for language and content. The run time is 120 minutes with a 10 minute intermission.
For more information or to make reservations please contact the Crowder College Theatre Department at 417.455.5458.
Last Updated on March 22, 2018 by Cindy