eNews – November 20, 2017
The college will be closed for Thanksgiving Break November 22-26. We will reopen normal hours on Monday, November 27. Enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Open enrollment will begin Nov. 27. Watch for Spring schedule: https://my.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next
- Finals week: Dec. 11-14. Check the schedule for date/time.
- Fall commencement ceremony will be held Sat. Dec. 16, 10am in the Bob Sneller Gymnasium.
- Book Buyback Dec. 11-21 and Jan. 2-8. Students who purchased books from any Crowder Bookstore may sell back qualifying books for up to 50% refund.
- The Roughrider Women’s Basketball team is now 6-3 on the season. Next home game is Tuesday, Nov. 28 at 6pm. For a complete game schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/schedule
- The 3D Art Students will host a Playing Card Fashion Show Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2:30pm in the Student Center on the Neosho campus. It is exciting to see the clothing designs the students make using playing cards. This event is free and open to the public.
- Campus Life set up the annual Angel Tree and all children have been adopted. The Angel Tree is a way for Crowder students and staff to help Crowder students with Christmas gifts for their children and a basket full of groceries. Adopted angel tree children gifts are due by November 30. If you are interested in making a donation please contact the Campus Life Office: 417.455.5644 or email: CampusLife@Crowder.edu
- Crowder Student Art Exhibit will open Nov 27 – Feb. 15, 9am-6:30pm, Monday-Friday, in the Longwell Museum located inside the Elsie Plaster Community Center. Artist reception will be held Dec. 8, 5-7pm.
- Crowder Community Choir will perform A Festival of Traditional Favorites, Tuesday, Dec. 5, 7pm at Neosho High School Auditorium. Free Admission. For more information contact: BeckyShaw@Crowder.edu
- Theatre Department Presents, A Good Old Fashioned Redneck Christmas, Dec. 7-9, 7:30pm nightly plus 2pm on Saturday. Tickets available at the door: $8-General Admissions; $5-Senior Citizens; $4-Crowder Students; $3-Children. For more information email: Theatre@Crowder.edu
- The Crowder Quill art and literary magazine is now accepting submissions for its annual contest. Crowder students as well as area high school students and adult community members compete for awards and publication in the categories of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, photography, digital, 2D and 3D art. The categories of 2D traditional media (paintings, drawings and hand-made prints) and 3D art (pottery, ceramic, sculptures) may be postmarked by Feb. 1 or hand delivered by the following Monday, Feb. 5. Digitized 2D and 3D art and all other entries should be sent as electronic files and uploaded online by Feb. 5 to CrowderQuill.com. Email Quill@crowder.edu or call 417-455-5410 to make arrangements for hand-delivered art entries.
- Community Education classes have been scheduled for the fall semester in Neosho. These short workshops are for community members as they are geared towards hobbies and special interests. See a complete list of classes, dates, times and cost at: https://www.facebook.com/crowdercollegecommunityeducation.edu/ or call 417.455.5418
- Christmas gifts available in the Crowder Bookstore:
- 28 – 25% Christmas merchandise
- 30 – Sweatshirts, hoodies, jackets and pants – buy 1 get 30% off 2nd purchase
- 5-$5 Short sleeve t-shirts or free bandana w/purchase of long sleeve t-shirt
- 6 – 20% Crowder logo cups
- 7-Hat purchase receive $5 gift card; buy 1 get 1 50% off baby & kid items
Check out other specials on gift card purchases and enter to win prizes.
- 15th Annual Festival of Wreaths was a huge success thanks to the many gracious donors and bidders the Foundation raised $150,000!
Last Updated on November 20, 2017 by Cindy