eNews –August 14, 2017
- Enroll for Fall NOW. Courses are available for viewing online: https://my.crowder.edu/ICS/Academics/Public.jnz?portlet=Course_Schedules&screen=Advanced+Course+Search&screenType=next
- NEW Students should register for Start Smart 2017. This is a short informational event for you and your family, held at each campus, to provide a jump start on the semester. Registration is available at: https://www.crowder.edu/admissions/getting-started/
- Enrollment is NOW OPEN for the Joplin Advanced Training & Technology Center classes which will start August 21.
- Programs currently accepting application for Fall 2017 include:
- Paramedic: https://www.crowder.edu/academics/departments/allied-health/paramedic/
- The Nursing Programs in Neosho & Cassville are accepting application through August 15 for Spring 2018.
- Roughrider Soccer has won their 1st three scrimmages. The next scrimmage will be Aug. 16 at OK Wesleyan at 6pm. Home opener will be Saturday, August 26 at 2pm vs. Rose State. For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/msoc/2017-18/schedule
- Crowder Baseball 2017 Skills Showcase Camps – October 1 or October 29. Open to players in grades 9-12, 10am starts. Cost is $100 per player per session. Each session is limited to 60 players. Recruiting videos will be produced for an additional fee. To register go to: http://www.crowderbaseballcamps.com/skills-and-showcase-camp.cfm
- Solar Eclipse activities on the Quad on the Neosho campus, August 21, starting at 12:45pm. MARET Staff will be on hand with some information about eclipses and Campus Life will provide glasses for viewing and snacks.
- Welcome Week activities on the Neosho campus – Vendor Fair, Wednesday, August 23, 10am-2pm near the Tatum Bell Tower. Area businesses may reserve a table by contacting our Campus Life Office at: 417.455.5644 or email: CampusLife@Crowder.edu
- Check out all the activities planned as we welcome students back to school. https://www.facebook.com/CrowderCollegeCampusLife
- Crowder Aggies 5th Annual Scholarship Rodeo, August 18 & 19, 8pm nightly, Roughrider Arena, 608 Field Ave, Neosho. Mutton bustin’ will start at 7:30pm. Advanced tickets may be purchased at the Crowder Bookstore: $10 for adults & $8 for children ages 6-12. Tickets available at the gate for an additional $2 each. Special performances by “The One Armed Bandit” and we welcome back Mike “Goobie” Smith. For more information call 417.455.5720.
- Early Learning Center at Crowder – ENROLL NOW. Children ages 3-5 (potty trained) may attend. Tuition is $10 per session with the following options: 5 days a week (M-F) $50 week (AM or PM session); 3 days a week (MWF) $30 week (AM or PM session); 2 days a week (TTh) $20 week (AM or PM session). AM session – 8:30-11am; PM session – 12:30-3pm. The Early Learning Center is located in Smith Hall on the Crowder College campus in Neosho. For more information call 417.455.5596 or email: Preschool@Crowder.edu
- Auditions for “Dracula” directed by Ben Davies will be held August 28 & 29, 5:30-7pm. Cold read. The production will be October 19-21, 7:30pm nightly. For more information contact our Theatre Department at 417.455.5458.
- The Roy Blunt Center for Missouri Alternative & Renewable Energy Technology (MARET) naming dedication ceremony will be held Friday, September 1, 10am on the Neosho campus. (See attached electronic invitation).
- Annual Foundation meeting will be held August 14, 5:30pm, Wright Conference Center inside the Arnold Farber building. For more information call 417.455.5522.
- AT&T will present a check to the Joplin ATTC on Tuesday, August 15, 4pm. AT&T has been a supporter of programs that put people to work and the ATTC provides this type of training. The Joplin ATTC is located at 420 S Grand, Joplin.