FREE peer tutoring for Crowder College Students!
The Academic Resource Center offers free tutoring to all current students for a wide range of subjects. Our topics in the past have included:
- Business topics
- History/Political Science
Please check with the Academic Resource Center for availability of tutoring for your class, and specific walk-in lab times offered for certain subjects.
Prepare for Tutoring Sessions
Students will make the most of our tutoring services if they do the following:
- Bring their assignment, textbook and syllabus with them.
- Prepare specific questions for their tutor.
- Begin their assignment (or at least try to).
- Bring a positive attitude and a willingness to try.
Our primary goal is to help students become independent learners. Tutors are not permitted to do any of your work for you, including correcting or “checking” your homework/assignment/paper, proofreading or editing your paper, or teaching you course content because you have been absent from class.
Tutors will do the following for students:
- Review rules, concepts and types of problems with them.
- Ensure that they are following the directions of their assignment correctly.
- Find patterns of errors in their paper.
- Give them valuable feedback on their paper.
- Help them to better organize their writing.
- Help them to find the answer themselves.
- Offer them study tips.
- Offer them encouragement.
- Direct them to important self-help resources.
Questions regarding the Academic Resource Center may be directed to the Coordinator of the Academic Resource Center, at 417.455.5602 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Academic Resource Center is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
During the Fall and Spring semesters, an ARC Representative is available in the Admissions Office Monday through Thursday, 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM.