Checklist for Admission
To Complete the International Admissions Process:
- Application for Admissions – The application must be completed online, in English, and the application fee of $50 must be paid.
- Current Passport – Scanned copy of current passport must be provided.
- High School Transcript – Copy of the high school transcript, completion certificate, or leaving certificate must be provided. These documents must be officially translated through a translation company. We recommend that you use World Education Services (WES) for this service.
- College Transcripts – College Transcripts (in which credits were earned) must be provided in English. World Education Services (WES) should be utilized for translation to English is needed.
- Financial Statement – Completion of the Financial Support Application provided upon successful application submission. Financial support documents (bank statements or letters and a sponsor letter) providing proof that money exists to pay for the first year of classes. Proof of adequate funds for the duration of study should also be included.
- Housing – Housing accommodations, on-campus or off-campus, must be secured prior to student acceptance. Check out our Student Housing options to submit your Housing Application and the deposit if you plan to reside in one of our housing facilities. If you do not plan to live in one of our facilities, please advise the International Program Coordinator as to where you will be living.
- Insurance – All international students are required to have health insurance that includes medical evacuation, repatriation, and sport related injuries. Students will be required to purchase insurance through the college OR provide proof of insurance and sign a waiver of the coverage available through the college each semester in the US (including summer).
- Placement Test – Each student will complete a placement exam upon arrival. The placement exam is administered on the Crowder College campus. Results of the exam will be evaluated and supplemental instruction may be required. Student will be placed in classes based on the exam results.
- Make sure that you have payment arrangements in order for your financial costs as they will be required within the first week of classes in US Dollars. Payment can be made with credit card, debit card, or cash. All students enrolled in the payment plan are subject to the payment plan rules.
- You will need to pay an Emergency Travel Deposit in the amount of $1,500 or provide proof of purchase for an open-ended, round-trip ticket (copy of ticket may be submitted to the International Office).
- If accepted, you will be expected to arrive at least three (3) days prior to the first day of the semester. You will go through placement testing, enrollment of classes, and orientation during this time.
The form I-20 will be issued after numbers 1-6 are on file and the student has been accepted for study at Crowder College. An Acceptance Letter and a letter for your Embassy will be issued to the student upon acceptance. To check on the status of your application you may contact the International Program Coordinator through email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
After receipt of your I-20 and acceptance documents you must complete the following: SEVIS FEE payment (prior to your VISA interview) and completion of your VISA interview at your Embassy.
Please NOTE: For more student VISA information please visit the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services website.
Crowder College International Program Contact Information:
Sarah Horine, M.Ed
Coordinator, International Program
601 Laclede Avenue
Neosho, Missouri 64850
Office: Farber Building, F132 (Student Affairs Office)
Telephone: (417) 455-5550
Fax: (417) 455-5577