- The applicant must be a current freshman or sophomore.
- The applicant must attend a high school in Barry, Barton, Bates, Cedar, Dade, Jasper, Lawrence, McDonald, Newton, or Vernon counties.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- The applicant must be a potential first generation college student and/or satisfy an income guideline. To be first generation, the applicant cannot reside with a natural/adoptive parent who has a bachelor’s degree. Income guidelines are predetermined by the United States Department of Education and change annually. For income guidelines visit the US Department of Education website at the following link: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html
- The applicant must attend Closer to College (C2C) one Saturday per month from October through May.
- The applicant must attend the six-week summer residence component.
- The applicant must be committed to improving his/her high school grades.
- The application process takes place during the early part of the fall semester and concludes in mid-October each year.
- Interviews for qualified students will be scheduled at your school after the application deadline. Notification of acceptance occurs in late October each year.
- Orientation for successful applicants is held in late October each year.
Upward Bound Application Cover Letter
Fill out the Upward Bound 2015 Student Application
* Orientation and Closer to College (C2C) activities for participants in Barry, Dade, Jasper, Lawrence, McDonald, and Newton counties will be held at the Crowder College main campus in Neosho. *Orientation and Closer to College (C2C) activities for participants in Barton, Bates, Cedar, and Vernon counties will be held at the Crowder College Moss Center in Nevada. Participation begins in November for all successful applicants.