To Complete the International Admissions Process:
1. Submit the international student admission application by visiting www.crowder.edu, click on the APPLY NOW button, and then the “International Student Application.” Please keep in mind that the International Application for Admission and all supporting documents must be completed and provided the International Programs Coordinator (contact information below) by July 1 in order to be considered for acceptance for the fall term, by December 1 in order to be considered for acceptance for the spring term, and by May 1 in order to be considered for acceptance for the summer term.
2. Submit the $50 non-refundable application fee at the time you make application. Payment can be made when completing the application online or you may contact the International Programs Coordinator (contact information below) for further options.
3. Submit your high school and college transcript. Your high school transcript must have the graduation/completion date printed on the transcript in order to be considered for admissions. These documents must be officially translated through a translation company. We recommend that you use World Education Services (WES) for this service.
4. Submit the additional International Student Application Forms needed to complete you application. These forms will be provided to you through email once your application has been submitted.
5. Make payment arrangements as your financial costs will be required within the first week of classes (no exceptions). You need to prepare to pay with credit card, debit card, or cash (US Dollars).
6. You will need to pay $1500 for an emergency travel deposit or provide proof of purchase for a round-trip ticket (copy of ticket may be submitted to the International Office).
7. Health Insurance is MANDATORY for International Students and you will be required to have continuous coverage while you are an International Student. The fee is assessed to your student account and you will need to remit payment at that time. You need to budget for $500 per semester for this fee.
8. Check out our Student Housing options to submit your Housing Application and its deposit if you plan to reside in one of our housing facilities. If you do not plan to live in one of our facilities, please advise the International Program Coordinator as to where you will be living.
9. If accepted, you will be expected to arrive at least six (6) days prior to the first day of the semester. You will go through your English Language Proficiency testing (MUNOZ), enrollment of classes, and orientation during this time.
Once the above items are received and approved, a Form I-20, acceptance letter, and letter to your Embassy will be issued to the student. To check on the status of your paperwork you may contact the International Programs Coordinator through email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
After receipt of your I-20 and acceptance documents, you must complete the following: SEVIS FEE payment (prior to your VISA interview) and completion of your VISA interview at your Embassy.
NOTE: For more student VISA information please visit the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services website.
Crowder College International Program Contact Information:
Sarah Horine, M.Ed
Coordinator, International Program
601 Laclede Avenue
Neosho, Missouri 64850
Office: Farber Building, F132 (Student Affairs Office)
Telephone: (417) 455-5550
Fax: (417) 455-5577