Every crime and assault on campus will be fully investigated by the proper authorities, including the Campus Safety and Security Office, the Vice President of Student Affairs and the local police department, if local authorities are called to the scene.
If you witness a crime in progress on campus, contact Campus Safety and Security, 417.455.5744, or the Vice President of Student Affairs, ext. 5636, who will then notify local authorities. Victims may make a voluntary report of the crime.
For Sexual Assault reporting information, refer to the Student Handbook.
* Tell someone you know and can trust.
* Call a friend or family member you trust.
* Go to a hospital and tell emergency personnel that you have been sexually assaulted. Take the clothes you were wearing and a set of clean clothes. Don’t shower or bathe before you go.
* Report the assault. If in a residence hall, contact staff. You may report to Campus Security or the Vice President of Student Affairs. If off campus call 911. Reporting the assault does NOT commit you to filing charges.
* Always remember – It is NOT your fault.
* For emergency medical treatment call 911.
(Adapted from the SANE program brochure)
1. Find a safe place – away from the attacker. Stay with a trusted friend or family member.
2. Know that what happened was not your fault and now you can do what is best for you.
3. Report the assault by calling 911 or your local law enforcement agency.
4. To preserve evidence of the attack, don’t change your clothes, bathe, or brush your teeth.
5. Write down any details you can remember about the assault and the attacker.
6. Seek medical attention. Even if you may never report the assault or have no physical injuries, it is important to determine the risks of pregnancy or infection.
7. Recognize that healing from sexual assault will take time. Try not to rush the healing process.
8. Even if the assault happened years ago, know that it’s never too late to call for help.
LAFAYETTE HOUSE offers 24-hour emergency hotline, emergency room bedside advocacy, individual counseling, residential shelter, group counseling and education, community support and case management, and a variety of additional support services to victims of sexual assault.
Other Numbers for Assistance
Ozark Center: 417.451.7720