Roughrider eNews – May 7, 2018
- The Roughrider Baseball team is now 44-13 on the season. They will play in the Region 16 tournament starting Thursday at 4pm at Joe Becker Stadium in Joplin Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Softball team had 7 players named to the Region 16 team and 4 players named to the All-Tournament team. Those players named to the Region 16 team include: Daryan Torix, Kristen Wade, Kenzie Kallio, Kenzi Spurgin, Maddie Massanelli, Baylor Miles & Eila Infante. All-Tournament team includes: Maddie Brown, Makaila Leonhart, Lexi McClellan & Maggy Rieschick. Congratulations on a great season! #GoRoughriders!
- Sophomore Soccer players who are going on to play at the next level will be signing their letters of intent Monday, May 7, 4pm in the Gym Lobby. Players include: Daniel Ost (Brazil) – Mid-America Nazarene University; Andrew Browning (Grand Cayman)– Viterbo University; Eloi Bassene (Hyattsville, MD) – Indiana Tech; Joe Mbaye (Senegal) – University of Providence; Leo Mueller (Brazil) – Oklahoma Wesleyan University; Enrique Guadarrama (Springdale, AR) – Ecclesia College
- Sophomore Basketball players who are going on to play at the next level will be signing their letters of intent Tuesday, May 8, 1pm in Wright Conference Center. Players include: Michaela Mack (Edmond, OK) – Newman University; Zahria White (Midwest City, OK) – Southwest Baptist University; Tori Coulter (Colcord, OK)- Northwestern Oklahoma State University; Morgan Crawford (Oklahoma City, OK) – Oklahoma Baptist University; Coley Ickes (Rocky Comfort, MO) – Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Summer production, Jeeves at Sea, will be held today, Friday, June 1 & Saturday, June 2 at 7:30pm with a matinee on Sunday, June 3 at 2pm, in the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus. Admission is $8-adults; $5-senior citizens; and $4-students.
- Community Education classes are available in a variety of topics on the Neosho campus. For a complete listing go to: http://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- Basic Motorcycle Rider Course is available on the weekends. Check out the schedule at: http://www.crowder.edu/community-education/
- The Longwell Museum will have nationally-known Doug Hall artwork on display April 24-June 1. An artist reception will be held Saturday, May 12, 1-4pm. The Museum hours are 9am-6:30pm, Mon-Fri. Special opening on graduation, May 19, 11am-3pm. The museum will be closed weekends and holidays unless otherwise noted. For more information about Doug Hall please visit: doughallfineart.com
- The Unveiling of the newly remodeled 2005 solar house and induction of Dr. Kent A. Farnsworth into the Alternative Energy Hall of Fame will take place Wednesday, May 9, 11am at the 2005 solar house. This is part of Celebrate MARET – 40th year in alternative energy instruction, 25th year designation as the Missouri Alternative & Renewable Energy Technology Center by the Missouri Legislature, and 5th year for the Roy Blunt Center for MARET. (see invitation attached)
- The Quill ceremony will be held Thursday, May 10, 7pm in the Elsie Plaster Community Center. For more information go to: crowderquill.com
- The Vet Tech program has one dog left for Adoption. Check out the available pets: http://www.crowder.edu/academics/departments/agriculture/vet-tech/pet-adoption/
- Camp AMPED (Advanced Manufacturing Product Entrepreneurial Design) will be held June 18-29, for girls and boys ages 14-16, 8:30am-3pm, Mon-Fri. Camp AMPED is designed to help inspire the next generation of inventors, engineers, entrepreneurs and manufacturers. Register or find at more at: crowder.edu/grants/amped-camp