Roughrider eNews – March 19, 2018
- 2nd 8 Week classes start this week!
- Revisions have been made to the Spring 2018 Academic calendar: http://www.crowder.edu/academics/calendars/2018-01/
- The Educational Opportunity Center will help you complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Make an appointment: eoc@Crowder.edu; call 417.455.5475 or stop by an EOC Office at Neosho, Cassville, Webb City, and McDonald County.
- Graduation & Transfer Fairs will be held this Spring as follows:
o Webb City: Wednesday, March 21 from 10:00 AM—1:00 PM (Hickey Building)
o Nevada: Tuesday, March 27 from 10:00 AM—1:00 PM
o McDonald County: Wednesday, March 28 from 11:00 AM—2:00 PM
Information about scholarships, programs/majors, housing, club & organizations, as well as important deadlines will be available.
- Various colleges will be on campus with transfer information. Please check your student email for dates and colleges that will be on campus. This is provided via the Career & Transfer Services Office: 417.455.5618 or AbbyTribble@Crowder.edu
- The Roughrider Baseball team is currently ranked #8 in NJCAA Division I. The team is 21-5 on the season with their next home game is Tuesday, Mar. 20, 2pm and Thursday, Mar. 22, 1 & 3pm. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/schedule
- The Roughrider Softball team are now 24-7 on the season. They will play at home on Wednesday, March 21, at 2pm. Check the schedule at: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/sball/2017-18/schedule
- Congratulations to Coach Lallemand who earned his 500th career win as the head coach of the Roughrider Baseball team! #500Wins
- The Neosho School Art Exhibit will be on display in the Longwell Museum located inside the Elsie Plaster Community Center on the Neosho campus. The exhibit runs March 6-21. Artwork will be from high school, junior high and middle school students. The museum is open to the public from 9:30-6:30 Monday-Friday.
- The Central Ozark Conference will have an art exhibit in The Longwell Museum, March 27-April 15. The museum is open to the public from 9:30-6:30 Monday-Friday.
- Community Education classes are available in a variety of topics on the Neosho campus. For a complete listing go to: http://www.crowder.edu/community-education/neosho/
- Crowder Theatre presents The Shape of Things, March 22-24, 7:30pm nightly + 2pm matinee on Saturday, March 24. Reservations are required. Call 417.455.5458.
- 49th Annual Aggie Day is March 22. There are 16 contests with over 2,000 students, Ag instructors and volunteers on the Neosho campus. This is the largest competition in the state of Missouri. Welcome area high school FFA members and instructors.
- The MARET Center will host workshops for interested community members on Residential Solar-March 22 & 29; Residential Wind-April 12 & 19; Sustainable Living Home Visit. Cost is $40 per the 2-workshop series or purchase both for $75. Home tour is $25. Space is limited, so pre-registration is required. For more information call 417.455.5422 or email: MARET@Crowder.edu
- Annual High School Business Competition will be held Wednesday, March 28.
- Friends of the Lee Library Book Sale will be held April 3-5, in Wright Conference Center on the Neosho campus. Donations of used books may be dropped off at the Lee Library. For more information contact Eric Deatherage, Library Director, 417.455.5610.
- Need a place to sell your stuff? Parking spaces will be sold for those who wish to participate in the 30th Annual Neosho City Wide Garage Sale. Registration may be made at Crowder College Bookstore or by email to: CampusLife@Crowder.edu Registration form attached for your convenience.
- The Crowder Foundation will host the Roughrider Car Show Saturday, April 28, 10am-3pm. For more information or to register your car go to:http://www.crowder.edu/foundation/events/
- The Lee Library will host an Author Symposium, May 2. For more information or to register go to:http://www.crowder.edu/academics/lee-library/authorsymposium/
- The Vet Tech program has Pets for Adoption. Check out the available pets:http://www.crowder.edu/academics/departments/agriculture/vet-tech/pet-adoption/